A lot of you might be aware of the fact that Prime Minister Narendra Modi started a scholarship called Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Program,. The funds for this program are being allocated from the National Scholarship Fund. The main purpose of having this scholarship is to ensure that enough financial assistance is being offered to the students who need it.
There had been many scholarships for the people from a weaker financial background and the point is that there is no benefit given to the middle-class families. This is something unfair and the students often feel the pressure of increasing expense of education. To help such students, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a scholarship for the students who belong to a middle-class family.
In this article, we have listed all the details about Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Program which can help you in application procedure and other things.
Scholarship Amount under Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship
The scholarship amount for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship is Rs 10,000 per student per annum. As per the information available, the students will receive Rs 1000 per month for a period of 10 months during an academic year. Once the academic year is over, the student will have to go ahead and renew their scholarship. The student should have scored at least 75% in Class XII to get this scholarship
Another point to note is that if the student has scored over 85% marks in class XII then he or she will be eligible to get an annual amount of Rs 2500. This translates to Rs 2500 per month for a period of 10 months.
Eligibility for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship
Talking about the eligibility criteria, here are the details that you must know before you apply for the scholarship.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship is available for the students who have cleared Class X & Class XII.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed over Rs 6 Lakh
- The student should be over 18 years and the age of the student should be less than 25 years.
- The student should score at least 50% marks in the last exam appeared.
- The student should be enrolled in a professional course to be eligible to get the scholarship.
- A total of 82,000 students will receive this scholarship. 50% of the candidates are going to be boys and 50% of the candidates are going to be girls.
- The student should have 75% of attendance and the scholarship is not applicable for distance learning course.
Documents Required for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship
Talking about the documents that you need to apply for the scholarship are
- Application Form
- Address Proof
- Bank Account Details
- ID Proof
- Income Certificate
- ID Card of University
- Mark Sheet for the Last Exam Appeared
- Mark sheet for Class XII
Process to Apply for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship
Follow the process listed below to apply for the scholarship program
- Visit the national scholarship program to apply for the scholarship. The URL for the website is https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on New Registration on top of the page and you will see a set of instruction. Read the set of instructions and click on Continue.
- Fill in the registration form and submit the form to get a username and password. Login to your account and now choose the correct scholarship program to apply for.
- Once you apply, you will be asked to submit more details along with the documents. Upload all the documents and submit the final application.
- On submission, you will get an application number which can be used to track the form and the application status.
This was the process for application and it should be noted that you can use the same website and login details to renew the scholarship program every year. Without renewal, you will not receive the benefits of the scholarship. Also, to renew, you should have scored at least 50% in the last semester for your college exam. If you fail to score 50% then the scholarship will not be granted to you.
The dates for the next year is not available yet but going by the trend, the application needs to be submitted by August 2019 once they are made available for the students.
Please note that we compiled the information from various sources and we listed all the information as per the best of the knowledge. However, we do not take responsibility for any typing error or any information that has been updated after compiling this article. The student will solely be responsible for the application of the scholarship, deadlines and the amount of scholarship received. We do not hold any financial liability in case of any change in rules and regulations associated with the scholarship program.