India has technologically developed compared to the late ’90s and 80’s however, the user of paper as a medium for communication and publication has still not changed. While a majority has turned to digital marketing and publication, we still depend on paper for a lot of reasons.
In the beginning, printing on paper was limited within a printing press, and they were huge. However, each year, the size of printers started to decrease. Today, we have portable printers that could be moved from one place to another with almost no strain. While people depend more on digital marketing and publications, the demand for printers in India should have decreased, however, if we neglect the small decrease in need, the demand for printers almost remains the same.
One of the principal reason for the almost-steady demand for printers includes the versatility and also the drop in price. Just five or 6-years back, the price of every printer on the Indian market was above INR 10000. But today, we have printers that cost less than INR 10000 and even close to INR 5000. While most of the printers that come at a price less than INR 10000 are not designed for heavy-duty, they come with almost every advanced features. International and top-rated Indian brands have started to manufacture and market printers at this price range. The drop in the price of printers has made it affordable for households and start-ups. If you are a person looking for the best printer under INR 10000, then the products listed above should be considered. Each printer listed below were shortlisted from a list of more than a dozen printers and reviewed by our experts. Purchase any one of the printers listed above and enjoy the unique features offered.
1. Epson L130, Printer
Epson is one of the world’s largest printer and accessories manufacturing and marketing brand. If compared to other brands, the quality and features offered by an Epson printer could come above every one of them. This Japanese company has a legacy and reputation in manufacturing high-quality printers. This printer is no different, check the features, and you will understand why.
The Epson L130 is one of the top-rated printers available on the Indian market today. This product comes designed in such a way that it could perform both black & white and also colour printing. When it comes to black & white printing, the printer could print up to 27 pages maximum per minute and 15 colour pages per minute. One of the best things about this product is that the printer cost only seven paise per black & white page and 18 paise per colour page. Yet another thing about this printer is that, even if the printer is less than INR 10000, it could print on A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL papers with ease. The maximum print resolution of this printer is 5760 x 1440. This product is best for small office and household use, it could also be used for both regular and heavy-duty. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product, and it comes with USB 2.0 compatibility. This printer comes incorporated with full tank ink and could print up to 4500 black & white pages and up to 7500 colour pages before the first refill. The manufacturer has designed the product to offer maximum hassle-free refilling and easy to use functionality.
- Designed to perform a single function
- Comes with several connectivity standards
- Hassle-free and easy to use design
- Could print up to 27 black and white pages per minute
- Could print up to 15 colour pages per minutes
- Designed to print on A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL papers
- Manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product
- Free onsite demo and installation from the brand
- Nothing as such
2. HP DeskJet 4729, All-In-One Printer
India has a substantially large customer base for HP products. Most people know the brand well, as it not only deals with printers but also top-rated laptops, desktops, keyboards, mouse’s, etc. if you are on the Indian market for a printer that could serve all your printing requirements, then there is no way you could neglect this printer. In comparison, the price of this printer is slightly higher than INR 10000. If you need unique features in your printer, then consider this printer without prejudice.
The HP DeskJet 4729 printer comes designed in such a way that it could perform functions like printing, scanning, and copying. This allows a user to settle with a single product for all purposes. Therefore, this printer is best for household and office use. One of the best things about this HP printer is that it comes with features like voice-activation and hands-free printing. The voice activation feature will allow the user to switch on and off the printer using the Alexa or Google assistant feature. The scanner bed of this printer is flat, and it could print both colour and black and white pages. The printing output of this product is 7.5 black & white pages per minute and 5.5 colour pages per minute. The cost of black & white printing is 52 paisa per page and INR 1.01 per colour page. Yet another attractive feature in this printer is that it could print on A4, B5, A6, DL envelope. When it comes to colour printing, the printer could offer a maximum printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI colour and 1200x 1200 black & white rendered DPI. The manufacturer HP provides a 1-year warranty on this printer. As per our expert opinion, a full cartridge ink could print up to 1500 black seven white pages and 750 colour pages until refill.
- Designed to perform all the functions like printing, copying, and scanning
- Comes with extra features like voice activation, hands-free printing, Alexa and Google assistant.
- Has connectivity features like Wi-Fi and USB
- LCD inbuilt
- Designed to print up to 7.5 black & white pages per minutes and 5.5 colour pages per minute
- Could print on A4, B5, A6, DL envelope
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product
- Up to 10000 pages per month
- The price is a little bit higher than INR 10000, and the print quality is not top-notch. However, for the advanced features incorporated in this printer, this price is reasonable.
3. Canon Pixma G2012, All-In-One Printer
The brand Canon has been on the Indian market for a very long time. The products from this brand boast quality and, at the same time, style. This brand has a legendary camera’s, and it is where the brand managed to gather strong customer support in India. Over the past few years, the printers from Canon has become one of the in-demand products on the market.
Unlike most of the colour printers, this one comes with an integrated ink tank system, that makes moving this printer from one place to another very easy. The product comes designed to perform printing, copying, and scanning function with ease. One of the notable things about this product is that the printing cost per page is comparatively low, this printer could print a black & white page for 9 paise and a colour page for 32 paise. It could print 8.8 black & white pages per minute and five colour pages per minute; this output might not be very high, however, when compared to other printers on the Indian market today, this print output is excellent. Yet another thing about this printer is that it comes with a 1.2-inch LCD segment mono screen that makes using the printer easier. The manufacturer offers a 1-year onsite warranty on this product, and it could print up to a maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI. Apart from all the features mentioned above, this printer could print on 4.0 “x6.0” to A4, letter, legal, A5, B5, and duplex Print papers. However, the connectivity option is limited to USB 2.0 only.
- Designed to perform all the function such as copying, printing, and scanning
- Could print both black & white and colour pages
- Comes with a 1.2-inch LCD
- Has USB 2.0 connectivity
- Comparatively less printing cost per page
- Could print on 4.0 “x6.0” to A4, letter, legal, A5, B5, and Duplex Print paper
- 1-year onsite warranty on the product
- Maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI
- This product is not compatible with Apple devices and operating systems, few of the customers have purchased the product and returned the product due to this reason.
4. Brother HL-L2321D, Laser Printer
The brand name Brother might not be familiar to most of India’s customers as the range of products manufactured and marketed by this brand is limited to few. However, it includes sewing machines, label printer, mobile printer etc. When it comes to HL-L2321D, it is one of the top-rated printers available on the Indian market today with useful features. Here is everything you need to know about the printer.
This is a laser printer that comes designed to perform printing function only. However, unlike other printers, this product could print up to 30 pages per minute, and the cost of printing per paper is INR 1.5. The cost of printing per page is comparatively very high, but the quality of the print does not stand second to any other product. This printer is ideal for both household and business use. One of the best things about this printer is that it could print up to 10000 pages per month, which makes it a heavy-duty printer. This printer could print on A4, Letter, A5, A5, A6, Executive, Legal, and folio papers. Yet another best thing about this printer is that a full and new toner could enable printing up to 2600 pages according to the ISO standards. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this printer, and the product is made in Vietnam.
- Laser printer
- Designed to perform printing function only
- USB 2.0 connectivity feature
- Designed to print up to 30 pages per minute
- Best for household and business use
- Could print on A4, Letter, A5, A5, A6, Executive, Legal, Folio, and Duplex Print
- 1-year warranty on the product
- Maximum print resolution of 2400 x 600 DPI
- Could print up to 10000 pages per month
- Made in Vietnam
- The printing cost per page is very high when compared to other printers.
5. Epson EcoTank L3110, All-In-One Printer
Yet another product from the world-renowned brand Epson. As already mentioned in the above-listed printer, Epson printers have a reputation for being the best. They boast quality and features that could surprise most customers, and this is true for the Epson EcoTank L3110. This product is, so far, one of the top-rated printers available on the Indian market today.
This printer comes designed in such a way that it could perform printing, copying, and scanning functions with ease. The product has a flatbed scanner setting, and the quality of print offered is comparatively outstanding. Based on our experts and the manufacturer, this product could print up to 33 black & white pages per minute and 15 colour pages per minute. One of the best things about this printer is that it could print each page for 7 paise black & white and 18 paise per colour page. Yet another thing about this product is that it could print on A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL papers. The manufacturer offers a 1-year onsite warranty on this product, and this printer could also print up to 4500 black & white pages and 7500 colour pages per full ink tank. This printer is designed for both household use office use. The printer could offer a maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI.
- Reputed international brand
- Designed to perform a function like printing, copying, and scanning.
- Has a USB connectivity feature
- Could print up to 33 black & white pages per minute an 15 colour pages per minute
- Cost of printing each page is comparatively low
- Designed to the office and heavy-duty use
- A full tank ink could print up to 4500 black & white pages and 7500 colour pages
- 1-year warranty on the product
- Comes with default full tank ink
- Could print on A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL papers
- This printer is not compatible with Apple operating systems. Few of the customers have purchased the product, found it not consistent and returned the product.
- The customer service centre at some places are poor
6. Ricoh SP 111SU Monochrome Multi-Function Laser Printer
For most of us Ricoh is lesser known brand but the company manufacture the high quality and easy to use printer and here in this list of best printers in India under 10K Ricoh’s multi function laser printer make it’s place.
It’s enhanced printing technology that prints documents with ease and superior quality. The effective technology ensures that faster printing does not affect the printing quality. The laser printer of Ricoh comes with USB connectivity that enables you to connect it with your desired PC or computer while the simple set up process makes installation convenient. For easy use all the functions of the printer are displayed at the front panel which makes it simple to navigate and select the most appropriate function.The reliable printing quality has the capacity to deliver up to 10,000 sheets per month.
As said it’s a multi function printer it’s just don’t print you can also use it as scanner. The another great feature about this printer it can directly sent scan copies to your computer or email. The 600*600 dpi resolution comes in handy as well. The enhanced colour processor ensures that documents don’t lose natural colour toning and you receive realistic scanned copies.
The printer is also loaded with copier function that helps in making instant copies of any document. The most good thing about the machine is that it’s a noise less operation and easy maintain. As the printer is not include any fan and thus there is lesser disturbance.
You can change it’s cartridge very easily as the complete functions available in front. The printer is featured with automatic paper removal system that efficiently removes jammed papers.
- Easy to use and clean
- Automatic paper removal system
- You can make instant copies of any document
- Faster printing
- 600*600 dpi resolution
- All function display in front for easy use
- Service after sale is not so good as per some consumers
7. HP DeskJet 3636, All-In-One Printers
People in India commonly assume that products from international brands are expensive; however, it is essential to know that brands like HP manufacture and markets top-quality printers that comes at a very reasonable price. If you are looking for a cheap printer and at the same time offer excellent features, then, 3636 HP DeskJet is the best option for you.
Unlike most of the products on this list, this printer comes at a lesser price and the features offered is comparatively very good. This is an inkjet printer that is designed in such a way that it could perform printing, scanning, and copying functions with ease. This product comes with advanced features like voice activation and hands-free printing feature, which could help the users use the printer with ease. One of the best things about this printer is printing up to 8.5 black & white pages per minute and six colour pages per minute. According to ISO standards, the cost of printing each page is approximately equal to INR 1.4 for black & white and INR 4.5 for colour pages. This printer on a full ink tank could print a maximum of 480 black & white pages and 150 colour pages. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product, and the printer could provide a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 optimized DPI and 1200 x 1200 rendered black DPI.
- Designed to perform printing, scanning, and copying functions
- Voice activation and hands-free printing features
- Compatible with Alexa and Google assistant
- Comes with connectivity features like Wi-Fi, USB, and HP smart app
- 1-year warranty on the product
- Could support A4, B5, A6, DL, and envelope papers
- Offers a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 colour DPI and 1200 x 1200 rendered DPI black.
- Could print up to 1000 pages per month.
- On a full ink tank could print up to maximum 480 black & white pages and 150 colour pages
- Few of the customers have reviewed this product to come in very poor-quality packaging.
8. Canon Pixma G1010, Inkjet Printer
Cannon is one of India’s renowned brands that manufactures and markets top-quality printers, cameras, lenses, etc. This printer from Canon is one among the top-rated printers that you could get on the Indian market today.
This is an inkjet printer that comes designed to perform printing function only. However, the quality of the print offered by this printer is better than other printers on the market today. One of the best things about this printer is that it could print up to a maximum of 8.8 black & white pages per minute and five colour pages per minute. The cost of printing page according to ISO standards is 9 paisa for black & white and 32 paise for colour pages. This printer could print on 4.0 “x6.0” till A4, Letter, Legal, A5, and B5 papers. The maximum print resolution offered by this printer is equal to 4800 x 1200 DPI. The manufacturer offers a 1-year onsite warranty on this product. Based on our experts and manufacturer, this printer could print up to 6000 black & white pages and 7000 colour pages with a full ink tank.
- Designed to perform printing function only
- Has a USB 2.0 connectivity option
- Could print up to 8.8 black pages per minute and 5 colour pages per minute.
- It could cost only 9 paise to print per black & white page and 32 paise to print colour pages
- Could offer a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI
- The manufacturer provides a 1-year onsite warranty on this product
- Designed to print up to 6000 black pages and 7000 colour pages on a full ink tank.
- Comes designed for heavy-duty use
- Few of the customers have reviewed the product to have a faulty ink delivery system. The three pipes that carry ink from the tank gets blocked after a few months use.
9. Brother HL-B2000D, Laser Printer
Are you looking for a printer that is designed for heavy-duty and comes at a price less than INR 10000? then Brother HL-B2000D is the best option for you. Unlike other printers, this one comes with a concealed paper holding chamber that could hold up to 250 papers.
This is a laser printer that comes designed to print up to 34 pages per minute. One of the best things about this printer is that it comes with a toner that could print up to 2600 pages maximum. Another thing about this printer is that it could print on A4, Letter, A5, A5 (Long Edge), A6, Executive, Legal, Folio, Mexico Legal, and India’s legal papers. This printer is designed to print 15000 pages per month, and the product could deliver a maximum print resolution of 1200 x 60000 DPI. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product, and it comes made in Vietnam.
- Laser print
- Designed for printing function only
- Comes with USB 2.0 connectivity feature
- Best for both household and office use
- Supports A4, Letter, A5, A5, A6, Executive, Legal, Folio, Mexico Legal, India Legal papers
- Has a maximum print resolution of 1200 x 6000 DPI
- Designed to offer a maximum of 15000 pages per month
- Manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty on this product
- Made in Vietnam
- With a full toner this printer could print up to 2600 pages
- Could print up to 34 pages per minute
- Few of the customers have reviewed that the toner of this printer to be unavailable commonly.
How to Buy Best Printer Under 10K in India
Choosing the right kind of printer could be quite a tough decision. Simplifying your needs into various points will help you to pick a perfect one. If you are looking for a printer for a long time; but, not able to buy due to confusion, here are some points that will help you select an ideal printer for you:
What is your utility?
It is remarkably essential to decide the utility of purchasing a printer. It implies the way and mode of use. We require printer almost in every setup, whether it is home, offices, colleges, and professional photographers.
- Home: Depending on the number of family members and how they use the printer, you should look for a multipurpose inkjet printer. It is convenient to use for school projects, decorations, document scanning, and preparing a cookbook manual.
- Office: You should always decide on a printer looking at the expanse of your business. If you own a small scale business, an inkjet printer is enough to fulfill the needs. Whereas, for companies with widespread business, we would recommend a laser printer.
- School/college: A printer that allows us to print black and white or colorful texts, scan pages, and fax is ideal for school children. They usually need printers to complete their school projects.
- Photographers: Make sure to choose a portable printer as the photographers need a lot of exploration. The inkjet printer gives you a colorful, vibrant, and clear picture. You can also insert the paper of your choice- standard or glossy.
What are the various kinds of printers?
Inkjet and laser printers are the two most popular and convenient printers used worldwide. Inkjet printers make use of ink for printing; whereas, the laser printer print with the help of the toner instead of ink. The benefit of laser printers is that they are quicker and more efficient than ink printers. Supertank printers and photo printers are discoveries. These printers operate at a lower cost, and there are fewer requirements for cartridge changes.
Speed and accuracy of printers:
Speed and accuracy are the other two most vital factors to consider. Especially when you have a lot of documents piled up for printing. Make sure to choose a high accuracy printer. It will never disappoint you!
Color and resolution:
The color and resolution also matter in a high-speed printer. People usually prefer printers with vibrant and crystal clear colors. If you solely want a printer for the publication of texts, you can go for a black and white filter. However, make sure to have a resolution between 1200 to 2400 to obtain a good quality sheet.
Scanning or double side printing?
Scanning refers to printing the texts or required documents on a single side of the sheet. Double side printing or duplexing refers to printing on both sides of the sheet. It is more convenient and saves a lot of paper.
Other necessary features:
Some other features, like all in one functionality, cartridge-free ink, and voice compatibility, are of utmost benefit to users.
We hope that you learned about the printers. Thank-you!
The primary function of a printer is limited to printing; this remains the same for several years. However, the extra features like wireless connection, colour printing, ultra-fast printing, etc. are essential for most people today. Each printer listed above comes from reputed brands, and they are best at the features it offers.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.
- 1. Epson L130, Printer
- 2. HP DeskJet 4729, All-In-One Printer
- 3. Canon Pixma G2012, All-In-One Printer
- 4. Brother HL-L2321D, Laser Printer
- 5. Epson EcoTank L3110, All-In-One Printer
- 6. Ricoh SP 111SU Monochrome Multi-Function Laser Printer
- 7. HP DeskJet 3636, All-In-One Printers
- 8. Canon Pixma G1010, Inkjet Printer
- 9. Brother HL-B2000D, Laser Printer
- How to Buy Best Printer Under 10K in India