In order to protect the interests of the minority communities in India, the government of India has come up with a number of scholarship programmes so that the members of this particular community can also get good representation when it comes to education. These are, in fact, the bright future of the nation. The MOMA Scholarship programme has been initiated by the Ministry of minority affairs so that education to the talented and deserving students of the minority classes can be completed to the best of their ability. In this article, let us look into the details of the MOMA scholarship programme. So, read on the article.
What is the MOMA Scholarship?
Since many of us are not aware about the MOMA scholarship, let us begin by first understanding the very meaning and objective of this scheme itself.
This is basically the MCM scholarship that helps the minority students to undertake a professional course. It is focused towards building the minority community and helps students who are unable to afford the cost of pursuing a course. It is sponsored by the central government of our country India.
So, let us now see who all are eligible for getting a scholarship under the MOMA programme:
If you are a person who is willing to apply for this scholarship, you must be staying in India
- Both male and female candidates can apply; although 30 percentage of the seats in the scholarship criteria are reserved for the female candidates
- You should belong to a class that is considered minority in India
- Income should not be more than rupees 2,50,000
- You should also get a minimum of 50 percentage in your exams
- You have to be a student of a college or university in India. Besides, you have to be selected in this college or university through a competitive exam which has a certain cut-off mark
- You are not eligible for the MOMA scholarship is you enjoy any kind of stipend or other type of scholarship
- If you are doing any of the following courses, you shall become eligible for scholarship under MOMA:
- Medical studies
Which are the Minority Communities?
The minority communities that are covered under this scheme includes Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis, as well as Jains are covered under the minority category as per the definition of the MOMA scholarship.
What are the Benefits that are Attached to MOMA Scholarship?
If you want to pursue the MOMA Scholarship and are selected for the same, you shall be entitled to the following awards:
- The course fee which amounts to 20,000 per annum shall be one of the benefits
- Another benefit will be that all students staying in hostels will get allowance for maintenance. This allowance shall be rupees 10,000 per annum
- If you are not someone who is staying in a hostel, you shall still get the allowance for maintenance. But the amount of the same shall be rupees 5,000 per annum for students like you.
How to Apply for the MOMA Scholarship Programme?
Now, the students need to understand the procedure by which they need to apply online in the MOMA Scholarship programme. The following are the steps that need to be followed:
- To begin with, you have to logon to the online portal. The website for the same is momascholarship.gov.in
- All the important details with respect to the form needs to be mentioned
- The documents need to be attached and uploaded as mentioned on the website. The following is a list of the documents that are required for this purpose:
- A copy of the form that you have filled. You also need to sign the same
- A passport size photo needs to be uploaded as well. Do remember to self -attest and sign the photograph
- All the certificates related to your education and merit should also be submitted. This again needs to be signed by you
- The scholarship is only for the students who belong to the minority community of India. You need to also provide a declaration stating about the community to which you belong
- The receipt of the fees that have been paid should also be submitted and attached
- After you have uploaded all the necessary documents online, you should submit this particular application by clicking the submit button
Other Details of the MOMA Scholarship Programme:
The following are some of the other details related to the MOMA Scholarship programme:
Official Website: www.momascholarship.gov.in
Last date of application for those appearing in the year 2018-19: 30th of September 2018. For 2019-2020, the dates are yet to be updated. The applications will be scrutinized by the states or the union territories by the year November 2018.
Declaration of the Results: The results for 2018 applications for the MOMA scholarship shall be declared in the months of November and December 2018. The dates for the applications to be received for the year 2019-2020 has not been updated yet.
Thus, I hope that the article above has been able to provide you details of the MOMA scholarship programme started by the Ministry of minority affairs.