MP scholarship is a scholarship scheme offered by the Madhya Pradesh government to those candidates who come from backward classes and those who cannot afford education. The scholarship is focused on SC, ST, OBC, and other minority groups.
Unlike most of the scholarship schemes in India today, the MP scholarship scheme is a collection of several scholarship schemes.
- OBC scholarship (post matric)
- SC scholarship (post matric)
- ST scholarship (post matric)
- Gaon Ki Beti Yojana
- Awas Sahayta (for ST category)
- Vikramaditya Scholarship Yojana
- Scholarship for DIVYANG Scheme
- Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Awas Sahayta (for SC category)
- Scholarship for Ph.D. Research
- Pratibha Kiran Scholarship Yojana
- E.T.C. Free Training Scheme
- Maharishi Valmiki Scheme
Post-matric scholarship for SC, ST, OBC, and minority candidates is provided to students from the backward categories whose parents cannot afford to educate their children. The scholarship aims to offering help to provide higher education to the applicant.
MP Mukhya Mantri Medhavi Vidhyarti Yojana is a different scholarship scheme that comes under the MP scholarship scheme that is offered to students who acquire at least 70% marks in the 12th final exam (state board) or minimum 85% mark in CBSE/ICSE 12th final exams. To avail this scholarship the parents of the applicant should have per annum income below 6 lakhs.
MP Awas Sahayta Yojana scholarship scheme is offered to students who are paying rent for their flat or house. The State government of Andhra Pradesh will provide the economic support to the student to pay the rent.
MP Gaon Ki Beti Yojana scholarship is offered to candidates who are a resident of any village of Madhya Pradesh and acquire a minimum of 60% mark in the 12th final exam. PS: this scholarship scheme under MP scholarship is focused on both girls that belong to SC/ST/OBC or general category.
MP Pratibha Kiran Scholarship Yojana is like the MP Gaon Ki Beti Yojana and is offered to female candidates living in urban areas of Madhya Pradesh. However, the applicant should score more than 60% marks in the 12th board exam and she should belong to SC, ST, OBC, or general category.
MP Vikramaditya Scholarship Yojana scholarship is offered to poor candidates that come from general category. The scholarship is aimed to provide free education at the undergraduate level.
MP scholarship 2019-2020 eligibility criterion
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant should be a resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- An applicant is eligible for MP post-matric scholarship (SC) if the student’s income is below INR 2.5 lakhs and would receive 100% scholarship
- An applicant is eligible to get 50% of MP post-matric scholarship (SC) scholarship if the student’s family income is up to INR 2.5 to three lakhs.
- An applicant is eligible for MP post-matric scholarship (ST) if the student’s income is below INR 2.5 lakhs and would receive 100% scholarship
- An applicant is eligible to get 50% of MP post-matric scholarship (ST) scholarship if the student’s family income is up to INR 2.5 to three lakhs.
- A female candidate is eligible for MP Post-matric scholarship for OBC if she scores a minimum of 60% marks in the 12th final board exam.
- An applicant is eligible to get the MP Awas Sahayta scholarship if he/she belongs to the ST, SC category and studying in a college in Madhya Pradesh.
- Every document that is to be uploaded must be attested
- Caste certificate
- Certificate to prove the applicant is a resident of Madhya Pradesh
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Income certificate of the parents
Online Application process
If you have read the eligibility criterion mentioned above and if you find yourselves eligible, then follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Open your web browser and navigate to the website https://scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in
Step 2: Once you reach the homepage, select and click the option “Online Schemes on the portal”
Step 3: Now the scholarship schemes will be displayed on the screen, click the “MP scholarship Login”
Step 4: if you are a new candidate, then click the “New Registration” option. A new registration form will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Enter all the details as requested in the fill-up form and upload the documents as requested on the form.
Step 6: Once you complete the above-mentioned process and then submit the form. You will see a pop-up window on the screen with “You are successfully Registered” message.
Step 7: Now, check your email account and you will find an email with login ID and password.
For further use, save the login ID and password, make sure that you follow the steps as mentioned above. Remember, the MP scholarship is different from all the other scholarship scheme, read the above-mentioned details and then select the appropriate scholarship scheme.