The Bihar government is introducing a Widow Pension Scheme to improve the economic condition of widows after her husband’s death. With this scheme, any widow living in Bihar will not have to rely on anyone for the benefit of pension. The main objective of this scheme is to provide the monthly pension who is living below the poverty line. The pension amount is only provided to the eligible widow of the state through Vidhwa Pension Yojana.
Through this scheme, a widow will get financial assistance and she will be able to meet her basic expenses herself, which is difficult after the death of her husband.The widow will become empowered and self-dependent and improve her economic condition through this scheme, run by the government. The benefit of having a monthly pension amount is to meet one’s own needs after the death of the husband. A widow who is financially poor and needs financial support can apply for Bihar Widow Pension Scheme after submitting all the mandatory documents.
Apply Widow Pension Bihar
To apply for the Bihar Widow Pension Scheme, all widows are required to have the following documents:
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Age Certificate
- Identity Card
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Bank Account Passbook
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
This widow scheme requires that you meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered eligible:
- First and foremost, Widow should be a stable resident of Bihar state.
- Only widows are eligible for this scheme.
- The widow’s age must be 18 years or more.
- The annual income of the widow should not surpass Rs.60, 000.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Bihar?
You can apply online or offline on the official website to apply for this scheme. Here are a few steps for online registration:
- To apply online for this scheme, you should visit Bihar RTPS official website, https://serviceonline.bihar.gov.in/
- After clicking on this list, you will be engaged to the home page.
- After reaching this website, you have to create your account.
- For this, click on the login option at the bottom of the page.
- Fill asked details like full name, email Id, number, etc. Then tap on the submit option.
- With these login details, you’ll open the registration form.
- Upload all documents and passport size photos to complete the registration procedure.
How much pension does a widow get in Bihar?
Under this scheme, women will get a pension amount of Rs 500 in the form of one instalment every six months. The amount will directly transfer to the widow’s bank account.
How to check widow pension status in Bihar?
- To check the pension status application, you should visit the RTPS Bihar official website.
- You will be redirected to the home page of the website.
- Here, you will see the View Application Status option. Click on this option.
- After reaching this page, click on the requested details.
- At last clicking on submit and your application will appear in front of you with this last step.