Jharkhand State government recently announced Universal Scheme which includes widow pension, old age pension, and village pension scheme. Under the scheme, the state government aims to provide monthly pension amounts to the beneficiary people. Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has launched Universal Widow Scheme to provide financial assistance to poor, needy and financially unstable widows and elderly people of the state on the occasion of Republic Day.
A widow whose family is below the poverty line is eligible to get the perk under this scheme (Mukhyamantri Rajya Nirashrit Mahila Samman Pension Yojna). An applicant can avail of the benefits official web page or by visiting an authorized office. This pension scheme is being executed through the department of women, social security & child development, Government of Jharkhand. A widow can apply for Mukhyamantri Rajya Nirashrit Mahila Samman Pension Yojna under Universal Scheme with just a few steps.
Apply Widow Pension Jharkhand
Let’s discuss them:
A widow should have all essential documents to avail of the monthly benefit under the Universal Scheme of Jharkhand. These include:
- Aadhar Card
- Residential Proof
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Voter ID Card
- Personal Details, Passport Size Photograph, Signature, etc.
- Bank Account Passbook
Applicant must meet the criteria for being eligible for the benefits of the pension scheme:
- The widow must permanent resident of Jharkhand state.
- Widows and destitute women above the age of 18 years are only eligible for the perks of the pension scheme.
- Women above 45 years and single women are also allowed to avail pension benefits.
- Applicant must belong to EWS or BPL category.
- A widow should not have a source of income.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Jharkhand?
Applicants need to follow the below mentioned steps to apply for MukhyamantriRajyaNirashritMahilaSamman Pension Yojna under the universal pension scheme in Jharkhand:
- Visit the official website of Jharkhand Pension Scheme, which is https://jharsewa.jharkhand.gov.in/
- The homepage will open in front of you. Then select the Widow Pension option.
- After selecting the widow pension option, you have to mention details like Applicant Name, Address, District, City, etc.
- Mention all the required details in the application form.
- The next step to follow is, submit your registration form.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
How much pension does a widow get in Jharkhand?
Under the new provision, the state government has revised the assistance amount for widow pension, old age and viklang pension from 600 rupees to 1000 per month.
How to check widow pension status in Jharkhand?
If you want to check your application status then follow below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open the official website of the Jharkhand Universal Pension Scheme.
- You will reach on the homepage after visiting the web page.
- Next, choose your pension scheme ( Widow Pension Scheme)
- After that, a new webpage showed on your screen.
- The next step is, enter your application number.
- Enter at track application status option.
- After following the last step, you will be able to see your pension status on your screen.