A Punjab Government has created the Widow Pension for the benefit of widows in the region. This program intends to offer monthly cash help to the qualified widows of Punjab.
The goals of the vidhwa pension scheme are:
- To strengthen the state’s poor women by providing them with a better means of subsistence
- It is their goal to ease the burden of underprivileged women while also ensuring their continued survival.
- To offer financial and social security for women in the state
Apply Widow Pension Punjab
Documents required for Widow Pension Punjab
- Bank account details
- Death certificate of applicant’s husband
- Two photographs in passport size
- Age proof like identity card, voter ID, birth certificate
- Valid address proof
The eligibility criteria for widow pension in Punjab include:
- Residents of Punjab who have made their home there permanently
- The applicant’s age limit must be less than 58 years old to be considered.
- The applicant must fall into the category of those living below the poverty line (BPL).
- The candidate should not receive any financial support or pension from the state or the federal government in connection with the widow pension plan unless otherwise specified.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Punjab?
The following are the procedures to be performed to apply for the Vidhwa Pension Scheme:
Step 1: The candidate must go to the Punjab Government’s official website at www.sswcd.punjab.gov.in to submit his or her application.
Step 2: On the following page, you will see a list of services, each of which has a download option.
Step 3: To download the application form from the Dept of Social Security & Development of Women and Children, the applicant must select the “Pension Schemes” option from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: After accessing the application form, the user must complete it by entering the information shown below in the appropriate fields:
- Applicant’s name
- Spouse name
- Father’s name
- Date of Birth
- Applicant’s address
- Mother’s name
Step 5: Then, send your application to the Punjab Government’s office with all of the relevant documentation attached, and the application will be reviewed by the appropriate authority before being approved for the pension amount.
District Social Security, (CDPO), Sewa Kendra, Dept Website, SDM Center, Anganwadi Center, Panchayat, and B.D.P.O Office will all have application forms available for pick up. If the pension application is approved by the DSSO, the validation will be completed by the CDPO in one month of the application being received by the organization.
How much pension does a widow get in Punjab?
The State Punjab government would provide a stipend of Rs.1500 per month to the qualifying participants of the scheme under this initiative.
How to check widow pension status in Punjab?
It’s quick and easy to check widow pension status in Punjab. You must follow the given steps:
- Log on to sswcd.punjab.gov.in
- Select the option of “widow pension”
- Enter your details like applicant name, date of birth and review your widow pension status online