Most of the states have a specific scholarship program running under the state government. These programs are to help student financial and also to encourage them to opt for higher education. The benefits are made available for the financially weaker section. Apart from this, there can be several other criteria as well.
For West Bengal, there is a scholarship program known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship or also known as Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Program. There are different categories of the program running under Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Program and here are all the details of these scholarship programs.
General Scholarship Program under Bikash Bhavan
There are three different scholarship programs under Bikash Bhavan Scholarship scheme. Here is a brief description of all these three scholarship programs
- Diploma Level Scholarship – This scholarship is for the students who have completed their secondary education and are now pursuing a Diploma course.
- Under Graduate Level Scholarship – This scholarship program is for the students who are at undergraduate level.
- Post Graduate Level Scholarship – This scholarship program is specifically for the students who have opted for post-graduation.
The benefits of these scholarships are credited to the students account directly and hence the student do not have to wait for the cheque or any other payment method.
The exact dates of the application procedure are not known for 2019. You can refer to the scheme website to ensure that you do not miss out the date for the scholarship application deadline.
Eligibility Criteria for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Program
There are various eligibility criteria for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Program. Here are more details about the same
- The student should be a domicile of West Bengal
- The student should already enrolled in the educational
- The annual income of the family should be less than Rs 80,000 and the student should belong to the BPL category.
- For the Diploma Level, the student should have completed secondary education and he should be enrolled in the diploma course from a recognized institute
- For Under Graduate level, the student should be in 1st year and he should have scored at least 75% in higher secondary.
- For the Post Graduate scholarship, the student should have scored 55% in the graduation program.
Benefits Offered by Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Programs
The benefit of the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Program varies from one scheme to another. Below are the estimated benefits for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Programs
- For Diploma and Polytechnic level, the scholarship amount is capped at Rs 750 per month.
- For Under Graduate level, the scholarship amount varies between Rs 750 per month and Rs 1500 per month depending on the course the student is pursuing.
- For the post-Graduate level, the student is eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs 1200 per month to Rs 1400 per month depending on the course the student is pursuing.
There are some of the documents that are needed to fill in the application form for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. These documents are listed below
- Address Proof
- Identity Proof
- Bank Passbook Copy
- Income Certificate of Parents
- Mark sheet of last academic year
- Passport Size Photo
Application Process for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
Follow the application process listed below to apply for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
- To start the application, you can visit the official site for the scholarship. The link to the official website is https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Once you are on the website, you can click on the Registration This will take you to the application form.
- Create a user account and enter all the details mandatory in the form. This includes the personal details, contact details, academic details and bank details. After entering all the details, proceed to the next section and you will then be asked to upload the documents required for the application.
- Before the final submission, you can preview the application form and here, you can also correct the details if required. Now, submit the application and obtain a print out of the application form.
- Once you have the printout, send the hard copy of the application along with the self-attested copy of documents. The address for sending the application is
Educational Directorate (Directorate of Public Instructions) W.B.
Scholarship and Stipend Section
9th Floor, North Wing
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
- It should be noted that you would have to renew the application every year by submitting the mark sheet of the last exams that you have appeared in. The benefits will not be given if you fail to renew the scholarship.
Helpdesk for Bikash Bhavan Helpline
In case of any issues, you can get in touch with the department on 1800 103 7033 or you can even send an email to the department depending on the education level that you are pursuing. The email details can be found on the page https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/page/contacts.php
It should be noted that we have listed all the information as per the best of our knowledge. We would not be liable for any liability that arises because of any discrepancy or typing error. We used the original website source to compile the information for you.
For any confusion, we recommend you to contact the helpline numbers or raise a query with the website.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.