These days, the matrix of education has become so complex that students, especially the young cream of 10th pass outs, have to face a lot of uncertainty and indecision regarding their next career move. Adding to it, students who come from a lesser equipped financial background, have to face even more overwhelming circumstances.
In a vision to support such students, the co-founder and former CEO of Infosys, Kumari Shibulal and SD Shibulal, founded Sarojini Damodaran Foundation, an initiative to support poverty stricken students. The foundation encourages different scholarship programs to support pools of students from weak or poor economic backgrounds. One of their most popular programs is The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program. Check out more about this program below.
What is The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program?
The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program is a 2-year program that aims at sponsoring the education of meritorious students climbing the higher education ladder after class 10th. The program is meant for those studying or migrating in states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Kerala, for higher education. With carefully designed and flexible models, the program strives to ignite the spark of children’s dreams without compromising on quality. Students who display merit in class 10th receive a scholarship of amounts starting from six thousand rupees for 11th and 12th class students; and goes up to Rs. 60,000 for graduation and degree courses.
The foundation maintains tie-ups with many organizations, educational institutions, mentors, coaching and hubs to avail the necessary resources to the recipients. Nearly 3000 students currently are being educated under this program. To see if your child is eligible for the program, continue reading.
Who Can Apply For The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program?
A student must complete following requirements in order to be eligible for The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program.
For 11th Grade
Students with an annual family income of less than two lakh rupees, and belonging to states of Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat or Pondicherry. The students must have passed out of 10th grade or SSLC exam in the year 2018 obtaining a 9 CGPA or 90% or A+ in their respective board/SSLC examination. Disable students are allowed to have a penalty of minimum score of 75%.
For 12th Grade
Students with an annual family income of less than two lakh rupees, and belonging to states of Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat or Pondicherry. The students must have passed out of 12th grade or SSLC exam in the year 2018 obtaining a 9 CGPA or 90% or A+ in their respective board/SSLC examination. Disable students are allowed to have a penalty of minimum score of 75% or achieving a good rank in a professional course or entrance examination.
If you’re eligible to apply, check out further information.
There are two modules in the selection process of SD Foundation. In the first module, the candidate will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and details entered in the application form.
In the second module, the candidates selected in the first module are invited for a test and interview process. The details of the interview including location, paperwork, fees, travel and expenses are revealed only to the candidates shortlisted in the first module.
Paperwork/Documents Required for Application
Each applicant applying for Vidyadhan scholarship has to carry following documents to complete the application process:
- Passport Size Photograph(s)
- Class 10th Marksheet along with scanned copies
- Family Annual Income Certificate/Documents
- Identity Card & Proof(s)
- Address Proof
To apply for Vidyadhan Scholarship 2019-2020, follow the steps given below.
- The scholarship involves an online process. To apply, you require your own personal email account. Since all the further and important information will be communicated to you via email, it’s always a best idea to have your personal account with a strong password and not a shared one.
- To register for the scholarship, go to the official website. Click on https://www.vidyadhan.org/apply.
- The registration form asks you for the following details to make your username:
- First Name (As per your academic records and identity proofs)
- Last Name(As per your academic records and identity proofs)
- Email ID(Your personal email address to be used for all future communication)
- Enter a Vidyadhan Password of 8 characters. Choose a strong password and note it in a safe place or notebook.
- Moving on, click on Apply Now Following this, an email will be sent to your registered email with a Vidyadhan account activation link to access your account.
- Click on the activation link, login into your account and complete the remaining details in the registration process.
- Select the name of your scholarship (The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program) based on your state from the dropdown menu.
- Fill up the details as required and upload the scanned copies of documents as mentioned over there.
- Click on Submit to complete the registration process.
Following are the estimate time periods to apply in Vidyadhan Scholarship. Exact dates are yet to be closed.
|Tamil, Telangana & Pondicherry||June 2019|
|Gujarat & Maharashtra||July 2019|
For more details about The Vidyadhan Scholarship 2019, stay tuned to the official website or you can send an email to their official email ID firstname.lastname@example.org to get any further information. If you wish to communicate directly, you can call their current number i.e. +91-7339659929.
So, scholars, your future is out there. Create it!
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.