Social Welfare Department, Women and Child Development Chandigarh Administration provide monthly pension amounts to poor, needy and financially unstable widows. To provide financial assistance to widows and destitute women, the state government runs the Widow Pension Scheme.
The main objective of this scheme is to support widowed women who are financially dependent on the other family members after their husband’s death. As we all know, the condition of a widow in India is very bad after the death of her husband as she has to face many financial difficulties.
She is not able to earn or find her day to day expenses especially when she is illiterate or has no source of stable income. This scheme aims to make widowed self-reliant & improve their economic condition and empower them. However, it is a crucial step towards the empowerment of every woman in the country.
Apply Widow Pension Chandigarh
In this article, we are going to describe how to apply for Widow Pension Chandigarh Scheme, eligibility criteria and documents.
To avail of the benefit of the Chandigarh Pension Widow Scheme, an applicant must have below mentioned documents.
- Domicile Proof for the last three years duly attested. These include Ration Card, Electricity Bill, and Voter Identity, Card.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Death Certificate of applicant’s husband
- A copy of FIR regarding the missing person in case of destitute women
- Income Proof
Widowed women who are willing to apply for a pension scheme in Chandigarh state must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be between 18 to 59 years.
- The applicant should not have any financial support.
- The widow should be a permanent resident of UT, Chandigarh for more than three years at the time of applying for this scheme.
- An applicant who belongs to a family whose family’s monthly income does not exceed12500.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Chandigarh?
To apply for Chandigarh Widow Pension Scheme, you have to contact the Social Welfare, Women and Child Development.
- To contact the designated department, you can visit https://chdsw.gov.in/?q=content/contact
- To download the application form, you can click on this link: https://chdsw.gov.in/sites/default/files/Pension_WidowDestitute.pdf
- Fill the application form with all essential documents.
- After that, submit your registration form to the concerned officer in the respective department.
- As per the authority’s requirement, pay a suitable fee.
- Don’t forget to take a print of your registration form for future reference.
- Your registration form will be duly verified by the Tehsildar, UT, and Chandigarh support with a Medical report from the PMO.
- After the verification is completed, the assistance amount will be deposited directly into the specified bank amount of the applicant monthly.
How much pension does a widow get in Chandigarh?
The monthly pension of Rs 200 will sent to the bank account of the applicant.
How to check widow pension status in Chandigarh?
Applying for Chandigarh Pension Scheme through offline mode will enable you to check the current status of your registration form.