Chhattisgarh government takes initiative in improving the lives of widows via the widow pension scheme, run by the government for the widow living below the poverty line. The state government aims to provide monthly pensions to these women so that they can improve their live hood. This scheme comes under the Chhattisgarh Universal Pension Yojana.
The main purpose of this pension scheme is to provide pensions to the citizens, widows irrespective of financial, family background or caste.Chattisgarh is the only state providing a universal scheme for all units of society.
The widow pension scheme has begun for women who don’t have a source of income after the death of their husbands. With this scheme, the widow will not have to bend before the financial crisis, for this the government has started this scheme. Women will follow the process of getting a lifelong pension under this scheme.
Apply Widow Pension Chhattisgarh
Here we have listed some steps related to Widow Pension Scheme.
Those widows who want to apply offline or online for Chattisgarh Widow Pension Scheme have to submit all the essential documents. A complete list of documents for this scheme is as follow:
- Resident Proof, Certificate issued by Gazetted Officer/ Certificate issues by Sarpanch
- Age Proof, Certificate issued by the officer authorized by the chairman/ etc.
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Poverty Line Document
- Bank/Pass Book Account Passbook
- Other documents
The following eligibility criteria will be required to benefit from the Chhattisgarh Widow Pension Scheme:
- The widow should be a lifelong resident of Chhattisgarh state.
- The women applying should be BPL cardholders.
- Below 18 is not eligible for this scheme, so the applicant should be more than 18 years.
- The widow should belong to the below poverty line category.
- The widow must have her bank account or account in the post office.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Chhattisgarh?
It’s easy to apply for the widow pension scheme in Chhattisgarh either online or offline. The following steps are for online registration:
- Go to the official website which is https://services.india.gov.in/.
- You will reach on the home page of the website.
- The Pension and benefits option will have shown on the home page.
- After clicking on the pension & benefit option, you will have a search option. Enter the name of Chhattisgarh Widow Pension.
- The login option will come in front of you after clicking on the previous option. Tap it and click on the Public Service Center option.
- After this, create your login account and upload all essential documents to complete the registration procedure.
How much pension does a widow get in Chhattisgarh?
The beneficiary is provided with a pension amount of Rs. 350 per month. The amount will be directly sent to the bank account of the widow.
How to check widow pension status in Chhattisgarh?
- Go to the official website, which is mentioned already. Login to your account with Login details after clicking on the login option.
- The option Pension Payment will have shown on the page.
- Next, click on the pension status and select office.
- Fill PPO No and enter.
- All the details would show on the page.