Out of the many schemes and programs that the Indian government and various groups have come out for spreading education amongst the minority groups and backward classes of the society, the digital Gujarat scholarship program is one of the most elaborate ones. In this article, we try to deep dive and understand a few details of this scholarship campaign.
Digital Gujarat Scholarship
Before moving into the eligibility criteria and the other details of the digital Gujarat Scholarship programme, let us first know about the scheme itself:
This is a huge initiative by the government which covers a number of programmes and scholarships under it. You need to be a taxpayer of the Indian state of Gujarat in order to get the benefits from the programme. In its initial stages, the scheme was concentrating on providing services such as providing certificates for belonging to the scheduled caste and tribes, religious certificate if you are someone who belongs to a minority group, senior citizen, ration card, as well as a few other services.
However, in more recent times, the government has expanded the scheme of services covered under the scheme and some of the programmes covered includes the following:
- SSC and post SSC Scholarship for girls as well as boys
- Assistance to students of medical, engineering, and diploma in a subject
- Food related Assistance to students of medical, engineering, and diploma in a subject
- Stipend scheme for various technical courses covered under the Swami Vivekanand scheme
- Various fellowship programmes for students pursuing M.Phil. as well as Ph.D. degrees
- Various scholarships for students who come from a minority background
- Various schemes to cover the post matric and other educational cost of girls, students belonging to other scheduled caste and tribes, minority groups, etc.
The above schemes are just a few examples of various programmes and schemes that are covered by the digital Gujarat scholarship programme.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
For getting the scholarship under the digital Gujarat scholarship programme, a candidate should belong to either the schedule caste, schedule tribe, any of the groups declared as the minority group, other backward classes, etc. besides, another important criterion is that the income of the family should not be more than two lakh rupees.
Depending on the level and the type of course that students opt for, the total scholarship amount and the benefits which candidates get as part of this programme varies.
How to Fill the Application Form
In order to fill all the relevant details in the application form, all applicants will have to follow the steps mentioned in the following section:
- You first have to login to the official website of the digital Gujarat scholarship campaign.
The website is: www.digitalgujarat.gov.in
- From the list of various services that are made available as part of this scholarship programme, the prospective candidate should select from the following two options from the menu:
- Post that it is imperative that you fill all the details that are required and are mandatory in nature.
- After you have filled in all the required details, you need to click on the “Save” button
- There will be a verification of your registered mobile number after which you will have to fill the citizen profile details.
- You shall also be required all the necessary documents which will proof your eligibility for the Digital Gujarat Scholarship. The documents shall include the following:
- Proof of your caste and religion
- Proof of your residence as well as identity
- Proof of your relationship
- Proof of your income
- After all the formalities have been done from your end, you will simply have to click on the submit button. You will get a message that will help you track the progress and status of your application for getting the scholarship
- You can also call on the phone number 18002335500 for any queries or questions that you might have.
Timeline and Other Relevant Details
For 2018-19 applications, the last date for online application was 15th of December 2017. The date for 2018-19 applications is yet to be declared by the concerned authorities. For pre-metric examination, the last date was 30th November 2018.
The hard copies last time should have reached the concerned institute by the 20th of December 2017
The institute would have scrutinized and gone through the document by the 26th of December 2017 and hard copies of the applications should have been submitted by the 30th of December 2017. All the dates for 2019-20 applications are yet to be updated although dates are expected on similar lines
I hope that the above article has been helpful in improving your knowledge and understanding of this innovative programme by the government. This is quite a noble thought and let us hope that the government is able to make best use of the scheme so that the maximum number of needy people are benefitted from the program.