The residents of Madhya Pradesh can apply for two kinds of driving license. One is the learner’s DL, and the other one is permanent license. To get learner’s license, the applicant should be of 16 years to 18 years old. Before applying for the permanent license, one can get the learner’s license to practice driving as a learner.
The people who want to get a permanent license should be more than 18 years old. One can drive heavy passenger vehicles, bulky goods vehicles by using a permanent driving license. Here are the details to apply for driving license in Madhya Pradesh.
Procedure to apply for Driving License in Madhya Pradesh
A person can apply for the driving license with both online or offline procedures. It has become quite easy to get a driving license without making many efforts as you can do half of the work sitting at your home. Here are the easy steps if you want to apply for the license through the online process:
- First of all, you will need to go to the official website, https://dpes.mptransport.org/AppointmentSystem/(S(cbiqia55o0p3ho55d153womv))/Appointmenthomepage.aspx from where you can download the application form.
- After downloading the application form, you can fill it up with correct details without making any mistakes.
- You can submit the application form and the documents at the nearby RTO office where you can submit all these documents with the form.
- After the document verification, your driving test will be conducted, and you need to reach at the given location on time.
- After you clear this test, you will need to clear the competency test in which biometric identification is taken along with your photos. The license will be sent at your home within some days.
The only difference between online and offline procedure is that you have to collect the application from RTO office if you want to fill up form through the offline procedure. You can submit the form with the required documents and make sure that you appear for the driving test on the given date and time. After appearing for the competency test, your driving license will be approved, and then you can wait for it to arrive at your home within 15 to 20 days.
Eligibility to apply for DL in Madhya Pradesh
The applicants who want to apply for permanent driving license in Madhya Pradesh should be the resident of the state. If someone wants to apply for learner’s permit, then the age should be between 16 to 18 years old. If you are more than 18 years old, then you can apply for a permanent driving license. The person who already possesses the driving license can’t apply for the new one until he/she has lost the license.
Fees to get a driving license
The applicants who want to get a driving license in Madhya Pradesh will be required to pay an amount of Rs.200 for driving license application, and Rs.50 will need to be paid for the driving license test. The applicant doesn’t need to pay any extra money to get a driving license in Maharashtra.
Check Driving License Status in Madhya Pradesh
Now anyone can check the DL status via the online or offline procedure as per the choice. If the applicant is interested in getting details through an online portal, then he/she can go to the official website where the name of the applicant, date of application, and receipt number needs to be entered. After the submission of details, the application status will be displayed on your screen. You can also get to know about the application status by visiting the RTO office.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.