Maharashtra state government has been launched the widow pension scheme to provide financial assistance to all categories of widows in the state. This scheme is also known as Vidhwa Pension Yojana. Widows who belong to BPL families can now get financial support under this scheme.
Under the Widow Pension Scheme in Maharashtra, widows and destitute women can get benefits and live a better life. Here we will discuss all aspects of this pension scheme, such as eligibility, the application process, documents required, and more. If you are willing to apply for the widow pension scheme in Maharashtra, this guide will be helpful for you.
Apply For Widow Pension Maharashtra
In order to apply for this pension scheme, you will have to provide some valid documents. The following documents are required to apply for the Maharashtra widow pension scheme.
- Aadhar card and age certificate of the applicant
- Death certificate of the husband of the applicant
- Documents for address proof
- Saving bank account passbook and income certificate
- Excluding general caste, other applicants need to provide a caste certificate.
The applicant should be eligible in order to apply for this pension scheme. Here are the eligibility criteria for the widow pension scheme in Maharashtra.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Maharashtra, or she should be a resident of Maharashtra for 15 years.
- The age of the applicant should be between 40 and 65 years.
- Widows from the BPL families are eligible for this scheme.
How Can I Apply for Widow Pension in Maharashtra?
Eligible applicants can apply for this scheme online. Here are the steps for the same.
- First, you will have to visit the official website of the Maharashtra widow pension scheme maharashtra.gov.in.
- Then, you will need to download the application form on the home page of the website. Once it is downloaded, it will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, you can take a printout of this document and fill it. You will need to write all the required information and attach the required documents.
- Once the application form is ready, you can submit it at the tahsil office or collector office.
- After the verification of your documents, you will be enrolled to get benefits under this scheme.
How Much Pension Does a Widow Get in Maharashtra?
A widow will get a total of 600 rupees per month under this scheme. The Government of Maharashtra contributes 400 rupees under Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Anudan Yojana, and the Government of India contributes 200 rupees under Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme.
How To Check Widow Pension Status in Maharashtra?
You will receive the approved pension amount under this scheme once your application is verified. Also, you may want to check your pension status online. Here are the steps to check your pension status in Maharashtra.
Checking the pension status is very easy if you visit the official website of this scheme sjsa.maharashtra.gov.in.
On the website, you will need to provide the required details such as date of birth, application number, and account number to get your pension status.