MSCE Scholarship – Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) is a scholarship embodiment formed by government of Maharashtra that was formed in 1954. The motive behind the scholarship is to empower the children of backward communities that include scheduled tribe, schedule caste, minority and nomadic tribes. The government believes education plays a key role in a state’s civilization and development.
The MSCE board conducts examination at various levels to identify talented individuals and provide them financial assistance for their entire education.
The exams are conducted every year in the month of February or March. Almost 7 lakh students participate in the exam from Maharashtra. This exam is available in Marathi and English for the students depending on their language proficiency and school curriculum.
Pattern of Exam
There are three papers of 100 marks each, English/Marathi, Mathematics and Social Science and Intelligence Test and General Science. Mathematics paper has 50 multiple choice questions of 2 marks each. The other papers contain 25 objective questions of 2 marks each. The syllabus is same of curriculum that is designed for class 5 and class 8.
- The student must be domicile of Maharashtra and residing in Maharashtra for 15 years or more.
- The student must be studying in government school, approved aided school, Unaided, Granted or Not Granted school.
- The age limit for class 5 is 11 years and 15 years for physically challenged students.
- The age limit for class 8 is 14 years and 18 years for physical challenged students.
- The scholarship amount is distributed based on the result from the MSCE examination.
- There is no exam fee for all the minority community schools and students. There is an exam fee for the students who are from CBSE or ICSE.
- The annual income of the father of a student who is from Tribal or any backward community should not exceed 2,00,000 Rupees to avail the scholarship.
1. The respective schools should register themselves in the website.
2. The school should register by providing the below details:
- School UDISE Code
- School Management Type
- Syllabus taught in school
- School Type
- School area
- School Email id
- School address
- MSCE Affiliation Fees
- Head Master Details
3. The school management should fill the Student Application Form and provide below details:
- UDISE code which will decide the school of the student.
- Standard (which class does the student belong to)
- Upload the photo of the student with signature
- Name of the student
- Date of Birth and domicile details
- Caste Details
- Aadhar card
- Bank Account Details (The government will deposit the money after scholarship approval).
4. The detailed instructions to fill the form are given in the website.
5. If the student is differently abled it should be mentioned in the application form.
6. The headmaster should get all the mark sheets from respective teachers to decide if the student is eligible for the scholarship.
7. Also, while submitting the scholarship form, mark sheets should be produced for verification.
8. The student must know the login credentials and the registration number to produce at the time of exam.
The eligible candidates receive 100 Rupees per month to 500 Rupees.
Last Date for 2024 Scholarship
The MSCE board has extended the scholarship application submission will update here soon.
How to check Results
Usually the results are declared in May of every year. The respective students/school can check results per the following guidelines
- Reach to official website mscepune.in
- Select the link for 2024 notification link ‘Result 2024’
- Login into the details
- The MSCE results will pop up on your page.
- You can download or take a print as per your convenience.
The MSCE board can be reached out on below contact details in case the student or the school has queries or doubts regarding the application, exam pattern and instructions.
- Website: http://puppss.mscescholarshipexam.in/
- Email id for 5th class: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email id for 8th class: Mscepss@gmail.com
- Address: Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, 3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No. 1967, Mumbai – 400 001
- Toll-Free Number: 020-26123066/67
MSCE is a wonderful scholarship as it not only focuses on urban development but is available for around 66,000 schools across Maharashtra.
Its ability to reach out to rural areas and provide education for the meritorious children is one of a kind. I hope every child gets education and fulfils his purpose in developing the civilization of rural society.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.