West Bengal has many scholarship programs for the underprivileged. One such program that exists in West Bengal is the Nabanna Scholarship Program and this program falls under the umbrella of Chief Minister of West Bengal. These scholarship programs are surely a great help for the students as they not only provide wit financial assistance but they also provide a motivation to study.
In this article, we are going to discuss all the aspects of Nabanna Scholarship program including the benefits offered by the scholarship, eligibility criteria of scholarship and the process to apply for the scholarship program.
Let us start by sharing some of the basic details about the scholarship program and then we will move ahead with other sections.
Nabanna Scholarship Program
To begin with, you must know that the scholarship program is meant for the students who are a permanent resident of West Bengal. In addition to this, the funds for this scholarship programs have been allocated from the Chief Minister Relief Fund.
Nabanna Scholarship program is specifically for the students who are pursuing Higher Secondary Level or Under Graduate level or Post Graduate Level. Let us now look at the scholarship amount that the student receives under Nabanna Scholarship.
Scholarship Amount under Nabanna Scholarship
As per the information available, the scholarship amount for the year 2018-19 was Rs 10,000 but we do not have the details of the scholarship amount for 2019-20. There are chances that the amount may increase and then are also chances that the amount may remain the same. You must refer to the notification for the next year once it is available. The amount of the scholarship will be transferred to the account directly.
Eligibility for Nabanna Scholarship
Let us now have a look at the Eligibility guidelines for Nabanna Scholarship Program
- The candidate should be a domicile of West Bengal
- The annual income of the family should not be over Rs 60,000
- Candidate should not be receiving a scholarship under any other state or central scheme
- The candidate should score a minimum of 65% in Class X if the student is applying for Higher Secondary Level Scholarship
- The candidate should score a minimum of 60% in Class XII if the student is applying for Under Graduate Level Scholarship
- The candidate should score a minimum of 55% in an Under-Graduate program if the student is applying for Post-Graduation Level Scholarship
If you meet the eligibility criteria and if you are willing to apply then you must go ahead and check out the list of documents before you start the application procedure.
Documents Required for Nabanna Scholarship
There are some of the documents required while applying for the scholarship. You must attach these documents along with the application form while submitting the application form.
- Application Form
- Address Proof
- Bank Account Details
- ID Proof
- Income Certificate
- ID Card of University/College
- Mark Sheet for the Last Exam Appeared
After having all the documents ready, you can follow the process listed below to apply for Nabanna Scholarship.
Process to Apply Online for Nabanna Scholarship
Here is the process to apply for Nabanna Scholarship program.
- To apply for the scholarship program, you need to visit the website wbcmo.gov.in.
- Once the website is displayed, click on Donation Tab from the top menu bar. You will now be redirected to the new page and from here, you will have to click on Chief Minister Relief Fund Scholarship.
- This will download a copy of the scholarship form on your local disk and you need to take a print out of this form.
- Fill in the details in this form with a ballpoint pen and ensure that you use capital block letters while filling the form.Also, attach the self-attested copy of the documents.
- You need to send this application to Nabanna, 14th Floor, 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah- 711 102.Please use Indian Post while sending the documents.
We do not have any information about the dates for the Nabanna Scholarship and you must refer to the website for this information
For any other information, you can also contact on the phone 033 2214 5555 or 2214 3101. You can also send your queries on email at firstname.lastname@example.org as this is the official email address for the scholarship.
Please note that we compiled the information from various sources and we listed all the information as per the best of the knowledge. However, we do not take responsibility for any typing error or any information that has been updated after compiling this article.
The student will solely be responsible for the application of the scholarship, deadlines and the amount of scholarship received. We do not hold any financial liability in case of any change in rules and regulations associated with the scholarship program.