Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Welfare of the Government of Odisha issues ration cards for the citizens of the state. The ration card is a document which enables the residents of Odisha to obtain essential commodities at government subsidised rates. The government of Odisha provides BPL, APL and Antyodaya ration cards.
The applicant must satisfy the below mentioned criteria to be eligible for a ration card.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Odisha
- No other ration card must be in possession of the applicant
There are certain documents which are essential for applying for a ration card in Odisha. The applicant must ensure that these documents are in his/her possession before applying. The list of documents is as follows.
- ID proof document such as a birth certificate, PAN card, school certificate, etc.
- Address proof documents such as Aadhar card, electricity or telephone bill, passport, LIC bond, agreement of the house, etc.
- Income certificate
- In case the applicant stays in a rented accommodation, NOC from the owner of the house is required.
- Surrender certificate if the applicant previously had a ration card.
- 3 passport sized photograph of the head of the family duly attested by a gazetted officer.
Process of applying
In order to apply for a ration card in Odisha, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Welfare Department, Govt. Of Odisha which is
- On the home page, click on “e-Bitaran Odisha”
- On the new page, click on “Ration Card Application Form under NFSA 2013”.
- The application form will open in PDF format. Take a printout of the application form.
- You can also obtain the ration card application form from your local circle office.
- Fill the application form correctly. Name, age, address, gender, occupation, details of family members, etc. need to be filled in the application form.
- Submit the application form along with all the required documents at the concerned ration card office. Pay the prescribed fee.
- Application receipt would be issued by the office on successful submission of the application form and other documents.
How to track application status
The ration card is issued within 15-30 days. You can check the status of your application by following the below mentioned steps.
- Open the link
- Select your district, block, ward/gram panchayat and center name from the drop down menu in the respective boxes.
- Now click on “Get Report” button to view your ration card status.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.