The ration card issued by the state of Rajasthan is a unique and multi-purpose legal document. This document enables the holder to take the benefits of various subsidies that the state of Rajasthan government offers.
One important benefits of having a ration card are that it acts an identity proof to the individuals possessing them. Further, the government offers the service of linking a ration card with the Aadhar card making it a preferred document to support once address or identity for various purposes.
Apart from this, the holder of the ration card is provided with food and commodity at a subsidy rate. Few goods that a Rajasthan government provides to the cardholder at the subsidy rate is as follows: rice, wheat, LPG, fertilizer and Kerosene oil.
Different forms of ration cards
In the state of Rajasthan, the residents applying for a ration card has four different choices.
- APL card – this card either comes in green or blue colour and the holder is entitled to LPG cylinder.
- BPL card – this card is pink in colour that families living in the Municipal Corporation and villages assemble.
- State BPL – this dark green colour card is given to families that are considered as BPL by grama Sabha or municipality.
- AAY card – a yellow colour card that is given to AAY families identified or recommended by the municipality.
What is the eligibility criteria for applying for ration card in the state of Rajasthan?
- The person applying for the card must be a resident of the state
- The family must fall under either of one categories mentioned in the types of card
- The new couple married in the state of Rajasthan is also eligible for applying for the card
- Finally, the person to apply for a ration card has to be an adult.
Step by step guide for applying for a ration card through e – Mitra portal in the state of Rajasthan
- The willing applicant must visit the official website of e – Mitra to obtain an application form and also apply for the card. – http://emitra.rajasthan.gov.in/content/emitra/en/home.html
- In the home page of e – Mitra select the login page. And let this page take you to Rajasthan official page for applying for a ration card
- A new user of this portal has to register first by providing with email and other requested details. Once a registered user can log in to the official page.
- The willing candidate can select the application form for ration card from the list, and then fill the details correctly.
- Along with these details, it is important to upload the necessary documents, photograph and signature before submitting the form
- After successful submission, an acknowledgement slip is generated containing a reference number.
- Print the slip for future purposes.
Documents required for application of ration card
The person applying for a ration card must fill and submit the correct form. But for passing the verification and being eligible to hold the card the person must possess the following document
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Electricity bill
- Birth Certificate to prove the age
- LPG connection document
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Bank details
- Income certificate to prove the annual income
Checking the online status of the ration card: A ration card is issued to a family of after a verification process. The status of the application can be checked on the website of the food and civil supplies department.
The link to the status can be found on the right side of the web page. Link for checking the status – http://food.raj.nic.in/Index_Hindi.aspx. The status of the application can be checked by using the reference number or application number.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.