Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation had been taking several initiatives in the state to make it easy for the people to work. The good part about TSMDC is that it realizes the importance of the development that needs to go in so as to develop the infrastructure in Telangana. As per one of the new initiative, the government launched a system known as Sand Sale Management and Monitoring System. The main idea behind launching this system is to provide the sand at a very affordable price to the people who need it.
This will not only stop the black marketing of the sand but it will also plug the leakage of revenue and prevent the environment from damage which it suffers because of the illegal sand mining.
The Main SSMMS Portal
As mentioned earlier, a new portal was launched by the government of Telangana to manage the supply chain of sand. The portal is quite an innovative idea and the government is already able to reap the benefit of the portal. There are many facilities offered via the portal and some of them are –
- You can book sand online with the help of the portal
- You can also track the order of the sand that you placed online.
- It is also possible to book and track interstate sand transportation with the help of the portal.
All these features help you in ensuring that you do not end up paying a huge amount to the illegal sanding mafia
Steps to Register on SSMMS Portal
The process to register on SSMMS Portal is quite easy. You can follow the steps listed below to do the same.
- Open the Portal using the link http://tsmdc.telangana.gov.in/TSMDC/login.mdc and from the top menu bar, click on registrations. This will take you to the registration page of the website.
- Start by entering your mobile number and then click on validate OTP button. An OTP will be generated. Validate the OTP and move to the next step.
- You will now have to just validate the OTP and enter some other details for the registration to be completed. This will now add your mobile number and the name to the customer verification page.
- You will also have to choose a username and password in the later stage along with other details so as to be able to order sand for yourself.
Steps to Book Sand through SSMMS Portal
After the registration, you will be able to book sand for yourself and the process is listed below.
- Visit the portal again with help of the link listed below and from the top menu bar, select Bookings. A drop-down menu will be displayed and you can select Online Sand Booking here.
- You will be taken to a login page. Enter the login details and login to your account. You will now be on the ordering page.
- Simply select the district, stockyard and fill in all the details. Once that is done, click on the register button. You will now see a confirmation window along with the OK button. Click on the Ok button and the booking will be made.
- In this step, you will get a receipt number which can be used for the tracking purpose.
Tracking the Sand Order
If you wish to track the order for your sand then you can follow the process listed below
- The first method is to visit the portal, click on Booking and select Track your order. Once you are on the page to track the order, simply enter the Order ID and you will be able to check the status of your order.
- If you do not have the order ID then click on Booking on the home page and select Track your Order with Mobile/Vehicle Number. Enter the mobile number on the next screen and you will be able to check the details of your order.
This was all about the Sand Booking portal of the Telangana government. We are sure that this procedure is of great help to everyone and you can also contact the helpline if in case you feel there is a delay or if you face any difficulty. Such type of portal should be launched by the government of other states as well to eliminate the illegal mining of sand.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.