The government of India has been working towards the welfare of the Disabled people and it has launched many such schemes to benefit the people who are disabled. In addition to this, people also have a special reservation in education institutes and jobs. All these efforts are taken in order to ensure a better life for the people who suffer from a disability.
One such effort taken by the government is the UDID initiative. This is also referred to as Unique ID for Person with Disabilities. Under the initiative, a unique ID will be issued to the disabled person and it will all the system will be integrated with the help of this ID. In addition to this, the benefits of all the schemes will also be delivered to disabled people with the help of this visual ID.
Here are more details about this UDID and the Application Procedure.
What is UDID About?
As mentioned earlier, UDID will be synced with a national database for all the departments once the ID is issued to the person. The details can be accessed by all the public departments and it will also be possible for the people to apply online as well as offline for UDID. With the help of UDID, it would be possible to get a quick assessment of the percentage of disability and the person would not have to go through the process again and again. In the case of partial disability, the card can also be renewed and all the data will help the government in managing the facilities and other things in a better way.
What are the Benefits of UDID?
There are several benefits of UDID and some of them are mentioned below.
- This will create a database at the national level and the person with a disability would not have to prove the disability and feel harassed again and again. The details can be fetched with the help of the unique ID.
- This would also work as single documentation that would be required by the people for availing the benefit of any scheme.
- The UDID would also help the government in getting quick access to data and this is included the statistics at village, block, national, state and city level.
- The card will enable the government to plan the policy in a better way
Who can apply for UDID?
There are certain lists of disabilities that are covered under the UDID. You can check out the other details in this section and for detailed information, you can refer to the UDID Portal.
- Disability covered includes Blindness, Low Vision where a person can’t execute a task and even hearing impairment.
- Apart from the vision and hearing disability, the UDID will also be issued to the people suffering from cerebral palsy, locomotors or disability and even Leprosy Cured
- The card can also be issued to the people suffering from Mental Retardation and Mental Illness
What is the Application Procedure for getting UDID?
Follow the procedure listed below to apply for UDID Card
- You can visit the portal for applying for UDID Card and the link to the portal is http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in. It should be noted that if you have the disability certificate then it would be very easy for you to submit the application. You can select the appropriate option from this page and go ahead with the application form.
- All you have to do here is that you need to fill in the application form, upload the required documents and also verify the details which you have entered.
- Also, you can fill out a fresh application from the same page if your disability certificate has not been migrated then select the relevant option and submit the form.
- In all, you will need to enter the personal details, disability details, employment details and identity details on the form to get the UDID.
The documents that you would need to apply for the UDID includes a colour photo, signature, address proof, identity prod, and Aadhaar card and disability certificate. Once all the documents are submitted, you will get an application number which can be used for the tracking purpose.
How to Track the Status of UDID Application?
If you wish to track the UDID then the procedure is quite simple, you just need to visit http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/ and click on Track your Application Status from the right side of the page. You will be redirected to a new page and you can enter your request number, UDID or Enrolment number to get the status of the UDID Card.
How to Download the UDID Card?
If you notice that the UDID is available for the download then you can download it using the same website. Visit the website http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/ and click on Download your e-Disability Card and e-UDID Card. Once this is done, you will be redirected to a new page. Now, enter the enrollment number or UDID number along with Date of Birth to be able to download the card. You can print your UDID and use it just like the Aadhaar card.
This was all about UDID. In case of any issues, you can get in touch with the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment with help of the email id email@example.com. This is the email id for the director of the department and they will surely help you with your query.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.