Most of the state governments have a special scheme for the widow pension. These pension schemes are for the benefit of widows and help them carry forward with their life. There are specific eligibility criteria associated with these widow pension schemes, and today, we will help you with all the details. Before we move further, you should note that the Uttar Pradesh State Government offers a grant of Rs 500 per month under this scheme. Let us now move forward and learn more details about the scheme.
Apply For Widow Pension Uttar Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria for Widow Pension Scheme Uttar Pradesh
There are certain eligibility criteria for the widow pension scheme in Uttar Pradesh. We have shared the pointers below, so go ahead and check them out.
- The age of the women should be between 18 and 60.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The family income of the applicant should be less than Rs 2 Lakh.
Documents Required for the Application Procedure
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the application, but before that, it is advisable to have all the documents ready. Check out the list below.
- Bank Passbook
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Identity Proof
- Income Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
Online Application Process for Widow Pension Scheme Uttar Pradesh
After you have the documents ready, you can scan them and have them ready on the computer. Now, you are ready to start with the application procedure. Follow the steps below to apply for the widow pension scheme in Uttar Pradesh
- The official website for the pension portal in UP is http://sspy-up.gov.in. You can visit this website and click on the Widow Pension option on the website’s homepage.
- You will now see multiple options, but you need to click on Apply Now button for the first time application. In the next step, click on the New Entry Form.
- The website will display a form, and you need to fill in the form now. After you fill the form, you will also have to attach all the documents to the form.
- In the next step, you can click on the Save button. A registration number will be shared with you on the mobile number. Keep this registration number safely with you.
- Once the application is approved and the verification is complete, the pension will start coming into your bank account.
Tracking the Status of the Application
It can take a certain amount of time to start the pension. In the meantime, you can check the pension status with the help of this website. To track the status, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the portal again, and on the home page, click on the Widow Pension button.
- Now, click on the Application Status and enter the details. After the authentication, the status will be displayed.
We have covered all the details about the widow pension scheme. We hope that this detailed process will help you with the application process. If you know someone eligible for Widow Pension in Uttar Pradesh, you can share this website with them or help them apply for the widow pension scheme. In case of an issue, you can reach out to the toll-free number at 1800 419 0001