Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was one of the most respected personalities in India and he was also known as Missile Man of India. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam stressed a lot on the importance of education and he had also been an inspiration for many students. Do you know that there is a scholarship program which runs by the name of APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship? Well, there is one program and it was bought into existence by the Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University. The funds for these had been allocated from the Central Scholarship Funds.
Talking more about the scholarship program, you must know that the scholarship program is for the students who are pursuing Under Graduation, Post-Graduation and Doctorate programs. The interesting part of the scholarship is that the fee for the university will also be refunded to the student and that amount has been capped at Rs 10,000.
There are lot many details to this program and we have shared all the details below. You can refer to the sections to check the details about the program.
Scholarship Amount under APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship
The students will be classified into the four groups as per the scholarship scheme and there is a different scholarship amount for all these groups. We have listed the details below and you can refer to the official website to understand what group are you in.
- Group 1 – This group of student will get Rs 1200 per month, per student if the student is hoteliers and the amount is Rs 550 for the day scholar.
- Group 2 – This group of student will get Rs 820 per month, per student if the student is hoteliers and the amount is Rs 530 for the day scholar.
- Group 3 – This group of student will get Rs.570 per month, per student if the student is hoteliers and the amount is Rs 300 for the day scholar.
- Group 4 – This group of student will get Rs 380 per month, per student if the student is hoteliers and the amount is Rs 230 for the day scholar.
It should be noted that this was the scholarship amount for the year 2018-19. The revised amount for the next academic year has not been made available to us yet. There are chances that the amount may remain same as well. The same will be updated on the official website before the start of next academic year.
Eligibility for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship
There are certain eligibility criteria for all the scholarship programs. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship also has some of the key eligibility points. Below are the details for the same.
- The scholarship program is only available for Indian Students and in addition to this,the student should be pursuing Under-graduate, Post Graduate or Doctorate from Jamia Millia Islamia University
- There is also a criteria for the attendance. The student should have a minimum attendance of 75% to be eligible for the scholarship program.
- The student should have completed Class XII but there are no criteria for minimum marks.
- The total annual family income for the student should not be more than Rs 2 Lakh to be eligible for this scholarship program.
- There is a special reservation for female candidates and this percentage is 50%. This means that 50% of the scholarships will only be given to Female Students.
Documents Required for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship
Talking about the documents that you need to apply for the scholarship are
- ID Proof
- Address Proof
- ID Card of University
- Income Certificate
- Pass Certificate of the Last Exam Cleared
- Write-up for Scholarship
- Application Form
- Mark Sheet for the Last Exam Appeared
- Bank Account Details
Process to Apply for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship
The process to apply for the scholarship is available online and you can follow the process as listed below.
- To start applying for the scholarship, you need to visit the website https://www.jmi.ac.in/.
- Once you are on the website, you would need to find the link for the scholarship program. The link for the next session has not been updated yet. From there, you will be able to download the application form.
- Print a copy of the application form and fill in the details in the application. You would need to enter the personal details, the details of the course, bank account details and academic details.
- Once you have filled the form, attach the required documents. Also, sign the application form and attach your photo. This is an important step for you.
- In this last step, you need to submit the application form in your college. As per the notification, the forms should be submitted in the Dean’s
The dates for the submission of the next scholarship application is not available yet. You must track the dates and submit the application as per the last date of submission.
Please note that we compiled the information from various sources and we listed all the information as per the best of the knowledge. However, we do not take responsibility for any typing error or any information that has been updated after compiling this article.
The student will solely be responsible for the application of the scholarship, deadlines and the amount of scholarship received. We do not hold any financial liability in case of any change in rules and regulations associated with the scholarship program.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.