The Assam Government has introduced the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension for the well being of widows in the state. Under this scheme, a lump sum financial assistance will be offered to the victim families, where the eligible widows will be provided with a lump sum amount of Rs. 25,000 as instant family support.
This scheme will help to maintain the surge of the family from the financial void arising out of the loss of the earner. This scheme would be helpful for all widows of the Assam state to meet their financial and economical requirements.
The best part of this scheme is that it has announced for both categories of society, one who is below the poverty line and the second who are above the poverty line.The main objective of this scheme is focused on providing better livelihood and making the survival of the widow’s easier.
The state government will allocate the monthly pension to the receiver through their bank account. The fact is that the scheme was launched by the Finance Minister of Assam in the budget 2019-2020.
Apply Widow Pension Assam
The following documents shall be submitted by the applicants to apply for this scheme:
- Address Proof
- Income Proof
- Death Certificate of the deceased husband
- Ration Card
- Account Details: Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC
- Age Proof, Photograph, etc.
The applicant must meet the following criteria to apply for the scheme:
- The applicant/ widow should be a permanent resident of Assam to avail of the assistance under this scheme.
- The applicant must be between 45 to 60 years.
- The applicant must have registered with the BPL or APL list.
- No financial aid or support will have from the relatives.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Assam?
Any widow who wishes to apply for Assam Pension Scheme may visit Gram Panchayat or VDC block office, and follow the steps:
- First of all, you have to download the application form https://rural.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/swf_utility_folder/departments/oc_pnrd_uneecopscloud_com_oid_17/menu/right_menu/right_menu/applicationform.pdf
- Take a printout of your application form and fill in all essential details.
- Attach all the required documents along with the form and submit it to the in-charge officer in the Gram Panchayat.
- Pay the suitable fees and take a payment slip for future reference.
- Your documents will verify by the authorities and give a clean chit by giving acceptance.
- Then, the money will be directly sent to the widow’s bank account.
- In this way, you will complete your registration process.
Note: There is no online registration for Assam Widow Pension Scheme. So, you should apply through offline mode.
How much pension does a widow get in Assam?
The beneficiary will get a one-time settlement amount of Rs. 25,000 and a monthly pension of Rs. 250 till the age of 60 years.
How to check widow pension status in Assam?
If the application form is accepted, then it means the pension amount has been approved. Once the final approval is made, you can check the widow pension status online.