Diapers are regarded as one of the most convenient ways to protect the baby from getting wet during special moments. If you look back it will be found that during ancient times, there no such arrangements that could be made to protect the baby from getting drenched. It is all due to the advanced technology that we are having diapers. The concept of disposable diapers was introduced before the people during the 1950s.
It became a great relief to the mothers who had to spend long nights changing the clothes of the child. They came as a boon to the parents. However, in the present time, all the parents are using diapers right from the birth of the child. Although diapers have both advantages and disadvantages still it is preferred by the parents.
What are the advantages of baby diapers?
There is a long list of advantages of using a good baby diaper. It will be great to know some of the main advantages.
1. Much convenient: It is found that diapers are much convenient than any other products. They are much better than clothes. It is also available in various stores and shops. On the other part, the diapers can be thrown away just after use. But clothes need to be washed and cleaned.
2. Can be quickly changed: Another important thing about diapers is that it can be changed easily and within less time. It requires less time to change the diaper. In the case of clothes, it requires effort and time. It is a time-consuming matter.
3. Better for the skin of the babies: Babies’ skin is very sensitive. They are much prone to rashes and infections. But if you use a diaper you can stay much relieved and stress-free. They can prevent irritation to a great extent.
4. Ideal for traveling: If you are traveling or willing to travel to someplace you should use a baby diaper. This can make your journey smoother with the baby. Most people have started using these diapers.
Disadvantages of baby diaper:
Apart from all this, some disadvantages are also found in baby diapers. Let us find out some of the minor ones.
1. Expensive: The main disadvantage of the baby diaper is that it is expensive. Usually, 7 to 8 diapers need to be changed each day. Thus the cost of the diaper increases. The price of the diaper varies as per the size and quality of the diaper. If you go for the branded companies the price may increase. Sometimes it becomes a good burden for the parents to bear the price of the diaper.
2. Skin rashes: Another disadvantage of using a baby diaper is that it causes rashes. Skin rashes are a common thing among kids. If they wear a diaper for a long time it can cause skin rashes and infections. It is known to all that moisture is the breeding ground for bacteria. Thus if they are worn for a longer duration it can cause a lot of rashes. Bacteria are the main culprit of skin rashes.
3. Causes a lot of confusions during toilet habit: Another adverse effect of wearing a baby diaper or using it for a long time is that your kid may not grow the habit of the toilet. Rather they will always find it comfortable to do toilets on diapers. This is a serious problem that is seen among the little ones. It will take a long time for the parents to develop toilet habits among their kids. This is why most pediatrics often suggests moving away from the habit of the diaper after a few days.
To sum up, diapers are always a great friend to the parents. Although it has both advantages and disadvantages it is always preferred by the people. It has made the life of the people hassle-free and better. Often changing clothes to the babies is a tiring affair. But with the baby diaper, everything seems to be easier and fine. It is always convenient for working mothers.
If you start taking proper care of the baby by changing the diaper after a certain then it can also prevent them from developing rashes on the skin.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.