Do you love badminton? Badminton is an international sport, and many people love it. If you enjoy playing it, then you will need proper professional training to learn the sport well. There are many badminton players for India, and they are an inspiration to many kids. One of the most important things to get started with the badminton training is your badminton racket. If you do not have the right kind of racket, you will not be able to excel in the sport, and so you will not be able to play badminton like a pro.
As you are just getting started with the training, you need not have to spend a lot on a badminton racket. You can pick something in a low budget for getting started. There are several badminton racket brands in India, but if you are looking for a budget option, you need to be very careful. There are some cheap and low-quality products available in the market. If you are not sure how to pick the best badminton racket in a low budget, then here is a list of best ten badminton rackets under Rs 1000 in India. You can now pick one good option from the best top products, instead of going through some thousands of options and getting confused.
So, let us get started…
We have prepared a list of some of the best badminton rackets in India below Rs 1000. Have a look at it…
1. Yonex ZR Series Aluminium Strung Badminton Racquet with Full Cover
Badminton is not a very simple sport. You need a lot of dedication and concentration to learn the game. You will develop more interest and confidence when you have the right equipment for playing the sport. Choosing the best badminton racket is very important for this sport, and the Yonex brand understands this well. They make some of the best badminton rackets, and it is a popular brand in India. Here we have Yonex ZR Series Aluminium Strung Badminton Racquet. It is available in three different colors like Orange, Black, and Red. It made of an aluminum frame, and that makes this a lightweight racket. The shape of the racket is isometric, and the sweet spot is the center of the racket. That makes the racket more comfortable and flexible for the player. The player will be able to place better strokes as it is very light in weight. You need not have to put a lot of effort. It is good for beginners and intermediate players to learn the sport in a better way.
- The body and shaft of the racket are made using aluminum.
- Yonex is one of the best and top brands in the market.
- It is very light in weight for better strokes.
- It is suitable for beginners.
- It comes with a full cover.
- The wire quality is very cheap.
2. Neulife Badminton Racket with 3 Shuttlecock
One of the best badminton rackets available in the Indian market is Neulife Badminton Racket with 3 Shuttlecock. Neulife is another good brand for beginners. They are very light in weight, which is why many coaches also prefer this brand to their players. It comes in a pack of two badminton rackets. The racket’s grip comes in different colors like Red, Blue, Green, and other colors as well. You will also receive three shuttlecocks for free along with the pack. You will also get a full cover for free. It comes in the isometric shape, and this shape will help in playing better strokes. It is ideal for beginners because it is light in weight and also the price of the racket is quite affordable.
- The badminton racket is very light in weight.
- It comes as a pack of two rackets.
- You will get three free shuttlecocks with this pack.
- It comes with a free full cover.
- The shuttlecocks are not of good quality.
3. SUNLEY Phantom Badminton Racket – Set of 2 Piece
If you are looking for a durable product at a reasonable price, then SUNLEY Phantom Badminton Racket is an excellent option. This brand has been in the Indian market for years and is popular for making different kinds of sports items. They make football, cricket, badminton, and other fitness equipment as well. These rackets are made using international standards and hence are one of the best choices. It is available in a color combination of Black and Yellow colors. It has a nice and beautiful glossy finish, which adds a little style to your sport when you are playing. If you like playing fast strikes, then this is the best badminton racket for you. The head of the racket comes in an oval shape. The sweet spot is less, but you will be able to play more powerful and fast shots. It is made using premium quality material, and hence they will last for a very long time. You will not get tired using these rackets as they are very light in weight and do not cause any pain in the arms even when you are playing for a long time. You will receive six nylon shuttlecocks for free along with this pack.
- One of the oldest and best brands in the market.
- It comes in a pack of two badminton rackets.
- It comes in a color combination of yellow and black.
- You get six nylon shuttlecocks for free.
- The shuttlecocks are made of cheap quality material.
4. Li-Ning XP-90-IV Aluminium Badminton Racquet
Just like Yonex, Li-Ning is another bestselling brand in the Indian market. Li-Ning XP-90-IV Aluminium Badminton Racquet is one of their best badminton rackets. This is designed for beginners, but even professionals can use it for their initial games. The material used in the making of the badminton racket is aluminum. Aluminum is one of the most common materials used for beginner rackets as it is light in weight. It comes in a combination of Silver and White colors. It comes with medium flexibility, and the string levels are between 18 to 20 lbs. It is very light in weight with 90 to 95 grams of weight. The head shape comes in an oval shape, and it is perfect for fast strokes. The frame shape is designed with a string of the same length in both vertical and horizontal directions, which means there is an expanded sweet spot. You will get a full cover along with the badminton racket, and that makes it easy and comfortable for you to carry the racket along with you.
- Li-Ning is one of the best brands.
- It is one of the best rackets for beginners, but professionals also can use it.
- It comes in Silver and white color combination.
- The weight is around 90 to 95 grams.
- It comes with full cover.
- The frame is made using aluminum.
- The strings are not very strong.
5. Cosco CB-88 Badminton Racket Pair With Plastic Grip
Cosco CB-88 Badminton Racket Pair With Plastic Grip is another good product that you can try. Cosco is a brand that makes high-quality products for its customers. This brand was established in 1980, and since then it has been serving the badminton players with some of the best badminton rackets at an affordable price. The design of this racket is excellent and attractive as well. It comes in a pack of two rackets, and there is also a plastic grip provided for it. It is suitable for both professionals and beginners who are just learning the game. The frame is made using Aluminum material. That means it is very light in weight and you will be able to play well, for a very long time without getting tired. The string tension is around 18 to 20 lbs, and that will help in hitting hard and fast shots. When the strings are tight, you will be able to have better control over the game. That will, in turn, guarantees you durability as well.
- It is a pack of two badminton rackets.
- The frame of the badminton racket is made using aluminum.
- The string tension is 18 to 20 lbs.
- The racket is very light in weight.
- No cons so far.
6. Feroc Badminton Racket With Full Cover
When it comes to playing badminton, there are many things that people concentrate on. But having a good badminton racket will make your game more interesting. If you are looking for a good badminton racket, then look at Feroc Badminton Racket with Full Cover. It comes in bright Orange, Yellow, and blue color combination. It is a pack of two badminton rackets. You will also receive three nylon shuttlecocks in the pack. You will also receive a full cover for the rackets. It is a good racket for junior players. If your kids are showing interest in badminton sport, then you can consider this brand. The shaft of the racket is made using steel, and it is a durable material. The racket is light in weight, and you will also get a good grip for fast shots. The shape of the head is isometric, and you will have the sweet spot at the center of the racket for good shots. When you look at the price, the quality of the product is just perfect, and your kids will love playing badminton matches.
- It is a good option for young players to practice badminton.
- It comes with a full cover.
- You will receive three nylon shuttlecocks for free.
- The rackets come in multiple colors.
- It comes with a good grip.
- The badminton racket is made using cheap material.
7. Silver’s SIL-Drive-Combo-4 Aluminum Badminton Racquet – Pack of 2
Silver’s SIL-Drive-Combo-4 Aluminum Badminton Racquet is the next product on our list. This is also a good product for children. If you are looking for a badminton racket for the kids, then you can check out this product. Any kid above the age of four years can use it. It is not for professionals, but only for beginners. The frame of this racket is made using aluminum, and it is a very durable product. The string tension is around 18 to 20 lbs, and the grip size is G3. The shaft of the racket is made using Steel. It is a pack of two badminton rackets, and they come in multiple colors. The weight of the racket is around 98 to 100 lbs only. The shape of the racket head is oval, and that is good for faster shots. This racket comes with a soft grip, and hence you will be able to hold it well. As the racket is light in weight, you will be able to play with the racket for a long time.
- It is a good option for kids above the age of four years.
- Its handle is made of aluminum, and the shaft of the racket is made using steel.
- The string tension is 18 to 20 lbs.
- The grip size is G3.
- The weight of the racket is 100 lbs.
- It is not suitable for professional players.
8. Hipkoo HR 15 Badminton Combo with Badminton Bag
If you want to buy the complete combo pack for playing badminton at home in your leisure time, then this is the product that you will have to look at. We have Hipkoo HR 15 Badminton Combo with Badminton Bag. The pack is just an amazing combo with two badminton rackets, three Hipkoo shuttlecocks, one net, and one badminton bag. The rackets come in a color combination of blue and black. These are lightweight rackets made of aluminum material and can be used by anyone. You can easily tie the net in the backyard of the house and start playing. One of the best things about this combo is the price. You will be able to buy all these at a very affordable price. The quality of the badminton rackets is just amazing.
- It is a good combo for people who play as a hobby and also for those who want to learn the game.
- You get two rackets, one net, three shuttlecocks, and one badminton bag as well.
- They are made of high-quality aluminum material.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The rackets break quickly as they are not very strong.
9. Xcube Badminton Racket Set of 2 for Kids
The next product on the list is Xcube Badminton Racket Set of 2 for Kids. These rackets are available in four different colors like Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue. As this is a product for the kids, you can pick a color that your kids like the most. It is a pack of two badminton rackets, which are made of aluminum. They are usually light in weight as they are made of aluminum. The weight is around 100 grams. The string tension is between 18 to 20 lbs. It comes with stiff flexibility, and hence that allows you to play some hard shots. They come in an oval shape with an added sweet spot, and that allows you to play more comfortably, and with a lightweight racket, you will be able to play for a long time. You will get a full cover for free with this pack.
- It is one of the best picks for your kids above the age of five years.
- The weight of the racket is 100 grams.
- The string tension is 18 to 20 lbs.
- It is made using Aluminum material.
- The head comes in an oval shape.
- The string quality is not at all good.
10. Jaspo Fire Blade Badminton Racquets with Graphite Shaft Combo
Jaspo Fire Blade Badminton Racquets with Graphite Shaft Combo is the last product on the list. Jaspo is a bestselling brand in India, and there are many different kinds of badminton rackets from this brand. It is a pack of two badminton rackets, and they come in Red and Black color combination. This is a good pick for those who play for entertainment or for those who are just getting started with this sport. You one receive one full cover, two badminton rackets, and five shuttlecocks in this pack. Graphite is used in the making of the shaft of the racket, which is known to be the best material for making badminton racket shaft. But they are considered a bit expensive. The weight of the badminton racket is 95 to 100 grams.
- Jaspo is a bestselling brand in India.
- It is a pack of two rackets.
- You get five shuttlecocks for free.
- You get one full cover.
- The shaft of the racket is made using Graphite.
- The weight of the racket is 95 to 100 grams only.
- No cons so far.
How to Buy Best Badminton Racket in India Under Rs. 1000
Everybody loves playing badminton, but without the right racket, you can’t enjoy the sport effectively. Considering this point, we have prepared this detailed buying guide to help you get the best racket from the market.
Balancing Factor: This is an important factor to make sure that you can use the racket comfortably. If the balance point of the racket doesn’t suit your style of playing, then you can’t hit good shots. Usually, badminton rackets are classified into three types according to balance factor, and those are head-heavy, head-light, and even balance racket.
Head-Heavy Balance: The rackets with a balancing factor of more than 295mm come in this category. These rackets usually have a heavy head that helps players hit powerfully. However, the extra weight at the head makes these rackets difficult to handle.
Head-Light Balance: These rackets usually have a balance point of 285mm. With a head-light balance racket, you can hit quickly. These rackets are easy to handle and provide maximum flexibility, but they are not ideal for hitting powerful shots.
Even Balance: The rackets have the balancing point between 285mm and 295mm are known as even balance rackets. The weight of these rackets is in the middle of the racket. These rackets are suitable for beginners for learning the game.
Weight Of The Racket: The weight of the racket is another important point to ensure maximum convenience. If you use a heavy racket, then you will feel difficult to hit the shots. In the same way, a lighter racket is not ideal for hitting powerful shots. Therefore, selecting the right weight racket is essential for better usability.
In general, the weight of the rackets is indicated by U. So the number before the letter U defines the weight of the racket. Here is the chart of the racket weight.
- 70 to 74g – 6U
- 75 to 79g – 5U
- 80 to 84g – 4U
- 85 to 89g – 3U
- 90 to 94g – 2U
- 95 to 100g – 1U
According to the above chart, you can easily decide which racket is ideal for you. Players who like speed hitting and beginners can use lighter rackets for ease of use. But for hitting powerful shots, you can opt for heavier rackets.
Griping: The griping of the racket is a crucial thing to handle the racket appropriately. Usually, while playing the game, the racket slips in hand due to sweat, so you shouldn’t ignore the gripping of the racket. Although many people ignore this factor, it lets you play the game effectively. The grip of the racket is commonly two types one is the towel grip, and the other one is the synthetic grip. The towel grip offers good gripping than the synthetic grip by absorbing the sweat.
Material: The material of the racket affects the durability and usability of the racket. So you should select the right material for your use. Generally, aluminum, graphite, and carbon fiber are used for making badminton rackets. These materials are lightweight and offer maximum performance. However, graphite and carbon fibers offer maximum durability and are used by most players.
Brand: The brand of racket plays an important role in ensuring a high-quality product. So you can look for reputed badminton racket brands instead of purchasing the racket from a cheaper brand. The rackets of high-quality brands offer high performance and allow you to play the game more conveniently.
Badminton Racket Frequently Asked Questions
- I have been looking for a badminton racket for some time, what does the G and U in the specification mean?
While purchasing a badminton racket, coming across G and U is common. Most of the reputed brands indicate weight as U and size of the grip handle in U. While purchasing a badminton racket, you should remember that G is the weight of the racket and U is the handle grip size of the racket. Do not neglect these specifications.
- What is the main difference between strung and unstrung badminton racket?
A strung racket is that racket that comes with the strings already assembled. On the other hand, unstrung rackets are those rackets that do not come with strings. Only the frame of the badminton racket will be sold, the user has to assemble the string after purchasing the racket.
- What is the best badminton racket handle grip size?
If you are planning to purchase a badminton racket, you need to consider the handle grip size based on your own comfort. Different people have different palm-size, therefore, based on your palm size and comfort, you should consider purchasing an adequate handle grip size.
- Are badminton rackets of a price less than INR1000 any good?
Yes, no matter the price range, a badminton racket that comes from a reputed brand is good. However, if you compare a racket at this price range with premium rackets, the durability and features might be different. Of course, the premium product would be better. This does not mean that badminton racket of price less than INR 1000 is too bad, they are good for beginners.
- Are heavier badminton racket better than lightweight badminton rackets?
Yes, heavier badminton rackets are designed are best for making powerful shots especially smashes. While lightweight badminton rackets are easy to handle and use, they are not good for delivering smashes and clears. On the other hand, there are not better badminton rackets than heavier rackets that could be best for an expert player.
- What do the lbs in the badminton racket denote? The weight of the racket?
The lbs in a badminton racket refer to the string tension and not the weight of the racket. The string tension is the measure of how tight the string in a racket is tied to the racket. This tension is denoted in lbs, the higher the lbs value, the tighter the string is tied to the racket.
Always make a choice based on how you long you play every day and the suggestions of your coach. All the badminton rackets listed above are best in that price range, and you will never regret buying them. You can go through the review of each product and compare the pros and cons of each product. This way, when you weigh the pros and cons, you will be able to make a better choice.
Badminton is a wonderful sport, and you will excel at it only when you have the right racket in your hands. So, just go through the above list once again and make the right choice.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.
- 1. Yonex ZR Series Aluminium Strung Badminton Racquet with Full Cover
- 2. Neulife Badminton Racket with 3 Shuttlecock
- 3. SUNLEY Phantom Badminton Racket – Set of 2 Piece
- 4. Li-Ning XP-90-IV Aluminium Badminton Racquet
- 5. Cosco CB-88 Badminton Racket Pair With Plastic Grip
- 6. Feroc Badminton Racket With Full Cover
- 7. Silver’s SIL-Drive-Combo-4 Aluminum Badminton Racquet – Pack of 2
- 8. Hipkoo HR 15 Badminton Combo with Badminton Bag
- 9. Xcube Badminton Racket Set of 2 for Kids
- 10. Jaspo Fire Blade Badminton Racquets with Graphite Shaft Combo
- How to Buy Best Badminton Racket in India Under Rs. 1000
- Badminton Racket Frequently Asked Questions