You must always wear ironed clothes. Creased clothes can make a wrong impression in a social or official gathering. It is not possible to visit the professional laundry service for getting every cloth ironed. That can prove to be an expensive affair. You need to restrict the activity to household chores. You would need an iron box to iron the clothes at home. Having a reliable iron not only saves a lot of money, but it also allows you with the flexibility to iron the clothes as per your needs. The iron boxes come with a temperature control system that helps you with the flexibility to iron various types of material.
A lot of people also prefer using a garment steamer, but they are expensive, and it takes a lot of time to use the steamer. The most efficient way to iron the clothes is by using the iron box. We also understand that you might not be willing to spend a lot of money on the iron boxes. To help you in making the right choice, we decided to review the iron boxes available in the Indian market, and we compiled a list of top 10 products after reviewing the maximum possible products.
Best Selling Iron Box In India
You can scroll down and check out all these iron boxes available in India below 1000 INR. You will get a fair idea of what are the options available for you. If you do not have time, then simply check out the pros and cons of these iron boxes and make a choice depending on those facts. We assure you that you will be happy with the iron box if you choose anyone from the list that we have shared below. Let us move ahead and check out the details now.
1. Philips HI114 1000-Watt Dry Iron
One of the best brands for consumer durables is Philips, and at number 1, we have a dry iron from Philips. This iron has a 1000 watt heating element, which is tightly coupled with the golden non-stick soleplate. This plate ensures that the clothes do not stick to the iron. In addition to this, the iron has a precision tip with the button groves. This feature makes it easy for you to iron clothes. The cord covers with a 180-degree swivel port, and that adds agility to the iron.
Temperature control in this iron is very accurate, and the design is sturdy. It doesn’t break on falls from a low height. If you are looking for a premium dry iron, then don’t move any further and buy this dry iron from Philips. The iron is the best that you can get in the market.
- Philips offers 2 years warranty on this dry iron.
- It is a 1000 watt iron, and that is the reason why the iron is efficient. The golden soleplate ensures that the clothes do not stick to the iron.
- Precision tip helps you in ironing between the buttons.
- This iron is slightly more expensive because of the brand associated with it.
2. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
Another reliable brand available in India is Bajaj. This brand is known for its durable and affordable consumer durables. You can go ahead and purchase this dry iron, and it is available at an affordable price. The lightweight design, along with the 360-degree swivel cord allows you the right amount of flexibility while using the iron. The base plate has a non-stick coating, and the advantage is that it would not stick to clothes easily.
The brand has integrated a 2 way LED indicator in the dry iron, which always tells you about the status of the temperature coil. The iron also has a thermal safety fuse that will cut off the circuit in case of overheating. This feature helps you in preventing any damage to the surroundings. The body of the iron remains cool, and it is also effortless to clean the iron. With a 1000 watt heating element, this iron surely performs better than a lot of competitor’s products in the market.
- Bajaj offers 2 year warranty on this dry iron.
- The iron is lightweight, and it also has a non-stick coating on the soleplate.
- The 2 way status LED indicatory helps you in understanding the temperature of the iron.
- Nothing as such. Bajaj is a reliable brand.
3. Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron
At number 3, we have an option available from Usha. Until now, this is one of the most affordable options available in the list. You can buy this iron from Usha for less than Rs 600. This brand is reliable, and it has a lightweight body as well. The tip of the iron is very sleek, and this allows you to iron between the buttons. The non-stick PTFE coating is yet another advantage that you get when you purchase this iron. The body of the iron remains cool even after continuous usage.
Temperature control works as expected, and the LED indicator tells you about the status of the heating element. The operating voltage of this Dry Iron is 1000 watts, and the brand also offers 1 year long warranty on the iron. Overall, the quality of this dry iron is reliable, and you can go ahead and invest in this dry iron from Usha.
- The soleplate has a PTFE coating that makes it non-stick.
- The brand offers 1 year comprehensive warranty on this iron box.
- 1000 watt heating element offers quick heating.
- Some people do not like the lightweight design.
4. Amazon Brand – Solimo 1000-Watt Dry Iron
We also have a dry iron from Solimo in this list. This product is a 1000 watt iron, and it is marketing by Amazon as well. This iron also has a non-stick coating on the base plate, which helpsdistribute the heat. The temperature control knob works precisely, and the thermal fuse ensures that you are protected from overheating. The cord has a 360 swivel, and hence it doesn’t tangle up when you are moving it around.
Overall, the iron box is durable, and you can use it at your home. It is power efficient, and the element heats up quickly. You would not have to wait for a long time before you can use it. The dual light indicator lets you know when the iron has reached the required temperature. You can check out more details about this iron by visiting the link listed above.
- This dry iron comes with a 2 year long warranty.
- The iron has a temperature control knob, and it also has a thermal fuse.
- The iron is available at an affordable price.
- Some users do not like the quality of this iron.
5. Morphy Richards Desira 1000-Watt Dry Iron
Here is the mid-point of the list and if you still didn’t like any of the iron boxes, have a look at this one. Morphy Richards is a direct competitor for brands like Philips and Bajaj. Morphy Richards is known for high quality consumer durables. The iron comes with a Teflon coating soleplate, and hence the plate slides smoothly over the clothes. A large surface area of soleplate ensures that you are quickly able to iron the clothes.
The electrical cord is also very sturdy, and the body has an ergonomic design. The tip of the iron makes it easy for you to iron the clothes, and it removes the seams easily. The brand offers excellent value for money. This iron is cheaper than the one from Philips, and hence you can go ahead and purchase the iron without any concerns.
- Morphy Richards is a premium brand, and it offers 2 year warranty on the iron.
- The soleplate of this iron has a Teflon coating.
- This iron has a large surface area base plate that improves your efficiency.
- Nothing that we could notice.
6. Tahiro Magic Copper Light Dry Irons Box
If you are looking for an affordable option that can be used by bachelors or in the hostels, you can look at this option from Tahiro. It is a 750 watt iron that is available for around Rs 300. The brand also offers 1 year warranty on this iron, and it also ensures you about the quality of the product. Tahiro doesn’t use Chinese components in this Dry iron. The temperature control dial uses Japanese technology.
The iron also features a quick heat technology that can heat up the iron to a temperature of 250 C in just 1 minute. The coating on the base lasts 3 times longer than the regular iron boxes. The temperature is controlled with the help of thermostat and thermal fuse adds-on to the safety levels associated with the iron.
- Tahiro offers 1 year warranty on this dry iron.
- It is quite efficient when it comes to energy consumption as it has a power rating of 750 watts.
- It is one of the most affordable options available in the list.
- The brand is not very popular, and some users reported quality issues.
7. Rico Plastic Steam Iron
There are times when you are in a hurry. In such a case, you need something that can iron your clothes without having to take it off from the hanger. If you are looking for such an iron, then have a look at this iron box. It can steam your clothes on the hanger, and it also functions as a steam iron. It has a powerful spray above the tip that helps you in spraying the water over the clothes while you are ironing them. The steam and the water also ensures that you do not damage your clothes at high temperature.
The brand is reliable, and it serves the global customers across the Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe and Africa. Be assured about the durability and the technology used. Another good part is that the brand doesn’t use Chinese components,it uses Japanese technology for added safety and strict quality control.
- The brand offers 2 year warranty on this iron.
- It is a steam iron which helps you in getting a better result.
- The iron also features a quick heat technology to heat the soleplate in less than a minute.
- This iron is an expensive option available on the list.
8. Crompton InstaGlide ISI Certified Dry Iron
At number 8, we have an iron box from Crompton. This iron has very stylish looks, and it is available in an all-black design. The soleplate of this iron is 14% larger than the average size, and it helps you by saving a lot of time when you are ironing clothes. Talking about the temperature control module, there are 6 different settings to adapt for Rayon, nylon, Silk, Wool, Linen and Cotton. The matte black finish looks very attractive.
The edges of the soleplate are curved, and the advantage that you get out of these curved edges is that the clothes don’t fold back during reverse strokes. The iron is certified as per the ISI standards, and it also comes with a thermal fuse for optimal protection. If you are looking for an iron box that is very easy to use, then this is one such option that you must consider. You will be happy with the utility factor as well as the looks of this iron.
- The iron is available with matt black polish, and it looks incredible.
- Crompton offers a 2 year warranty on the iron box.
- The soleplate of the iron is 14% larger than the standard size.
- Nothing as such.
9. Orient Electric 1000-Watt Heavy Dry Iron
The next iron box on the list is from Orient Electric. It is a sturdy iron, but the quality comes at a price. You will have to pay a premium for this option. The heating element is capped with an insulator to keep the body cool. The brand uses a C shaped element that distributes heat equally. The soleplate coating is of top quality, and it doesn’t come off quickly. This iron has a metallic thermostat, which is coupled with a thermal fuse for the safety of the user. The thermostat also has a silver layering, which improves its life.
The temperature regulator in this iron is on the top, so you can adjust it while you are using it. A lot of people prefer this iron more than the lightweight irons because they do not have to exert a lot of pressure while using the iron.
- The iron comes with a 2 year warranty from the brand.
- The thermostat in this iron has a silver coating that increases the lifespan of the dry iron.
- It is a heavyweight iron, so you do not have to exert a lot of pressure while using the iron.
- This iron is expensive when compared to other options on the list.
10. NIYANK Victoria Copper Light Dry Irons Box
Here is the last product on our list. This iron from Niyank is one of the cheapest options available, and it comes with 1 year warranty as well. The iron has a fuse for overheat protection, and it also has a thermostat to control the temperature. The iron also has a quick heat technology so that you do not have to wait for a longer time while the element heats up. The non-stick coating lasts 3 times more than the iron box.
You can adjust the temperature with the help of the knob. It sets the temperature accurately, and with the long cord, it offers the right amount of flexibility. It is a perfect iron box for bachelors and students who stay alone.
- It is power efficient as the heating element has a power rating of 750 watts.
- The body of the iron is break-resistant, and it also has a soleplate with a coating.
- It is one of the most affordable option in the list.
- The build quality could have been a little better.
How to Chose The Best Iron Box in India
To get the best value for money, it is essential to choose the right iron box for your home. And the following points can help you a lot in choosing the best and most reliable iron box for yourself.
- Build quality
The first thing to consider while purchasing a new iron box is the build quality. Make sure that the iron box you have shortlisted for yourself is durable and is meant to last for years. Though you can rely on a good brand for getting the best build quality, we will still insist you to check the build before finalizing the deal. This way, you can be assured of buying a product that is going to serve you for many years without any performance or usability issues.
- Power output
Power output is also an important thing to consider while purchasing a new and dependable iron box for home use. Try to choose an iron box that has enough power to deal with wrinkles on the clothes without damaging them. The more power may be considered as more power consumption, but on the performance front, power is an extremely important aspect to consider. So, be sure to have a look at the power output of the iron box you have shortlisted for yourself.
- Soleplate material
Soleplate material and the quality make sure that the hot iron doesn’t stick to your expensive and delicate clothes. In other words, this ensures that you are buying a reliable product to keep your clothes in their top condition. There are plenty of soleplate options available in the market and you should make sure that you rely on a reliable soleplate material that works well and offers the coating that lasts longer than usual.
- List of features
Whether you are planning to buy a dry iron or the steam iron, it is essential to look at the list of features it provides for the price. It is obvious that the steam iron would have better features than the dry iron, but still, you should check some essentials like the safety and usability features that provide you the better value for your money. Also, make sure to check the thermostat settings of the iron box you are planning to buy.
- Brand reliability
Brand reliability is another important thing to consider while purchasing a reliable iron box. The brand value can be considered as a guarantee of getting a better product for the price. The branded iron boxes not only offer better features, but they also follow the more strict manufacturing standards. This makes them a far better choice to make and a better value for money. So, whenever you are looking to buy a new iron box for your home, we will suggest you to go with the better and more trustworthy brand for yourself. IT may be a bit expensive, but you are not going to regret the decision to buy it due to the quality and after-sales promises of the product.
Iron Box Frequently Asked Questions
- Most of the iron boxes I have used in recent years seem to have poor temperature control? Are there any iron boxes that offer good temperature control?
Yes, iron boxes from reputed brands are engineered to offer maximum precise temperature control. In general, most of the premium range iron boxes come with high precision controls and safety features that prevent the iron box from overheating and burning the fabric.
- I am planning to purchase an iron box, what power rating should I consider? Is it available at a price less than INR 1000?
If you have a small family and if the iron box is for family use, then a power rating of 1800 to 2200 watts is adequate. However, at a price below INR 1000, it would be impossible to find the one that comes with this power rating.
- Is there a specific way to reduce the power consumption of iron boxes to reduce the electricity bill?
There is a common assumption that iron boxes consume a lot of power, yes, to an extent it is true. However, excessive power consumption could be avoided if you follow this simple rule. Do not turn off the iron box each time after ironing, if you have a lot of fabric to iron, iron it all in one go. Once you switch off the iron box, it cools down, then switching it on again would draw a lot of power to reheat the iron. If you do not switch off the iron box, the power required to raise the temperature is comparatively very less than the power required to completely reheat a cooled iron.
- Does higher wattage mean larger power consumption?
Yes, as the wattage increases, the power consumed also increases. Wattage is simply the watts of energy consumed per hour.
- Which type of iron box is better, steam or dry iron box?
Both the iron boxes are good, both of them have advantages and disadvantages. Steam iron is comparatively more efficient in ironing, but, the water tank in such iron could leak and spit water on the cloth inappropriately. On the other hand, dry iron boxes are not good on some types of fabrics and therefore the efficiency is considered comparatively low. But, dry irons do not leak or spit water on your clothes. Now, based on these information, you should select the best type of iron box.
These are the best-selling iron boxes available in the Indian markets. You can choose any of these iron boxes are per your requirements, and all of them are available at a price point below Rs 1000. We have also covered all the major brands on the list. You will find the iron boxes from Bajaj, Usha, Morphy Richards, Orient Electrics, and even Morphy Richards. All these brands are highly reliable, and we have covered the best products from these brands.
Go through the details, and if you like any of these products, then you can click on the Amazon link associated with the product. You will be routed to the product page of that iron box, and you can check out details as well as the iron box price. Thank you, and do not forget to share this consumer review with your friends and family.
Manoj Kumar, is a Service Manager at Rakesh Electronics, New Delhi. Manoj has 8 years of experience in dealing with home electronics products. Manoj is a freelance writer and share his knowledge at IndiasStuffs.com
- Best Selling Iron Box In India
- 1. Philips HI114 1000-Watt Dry Iron
- 2. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
- 3. Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron
- 4. Amazon Brand – Solimo 1000-Watt Dry Iron
- 5. Morphy Richards Desira 1000-Watt Dry Iron
- 6. Tahiro Magic Copper Light Dry Irons Box
- 7. Rico Plastic Steam Iron
- 8. Crompton InstaGlide ISI Certified Dry Iron
- 9. Orient Electric 1000-Watt Heavy Dry Iron
- 10. NIYANK Victoria Copper Light Dry Irons Box
- How to Chose The Best Iron Box in India