Cooking steamed rice is one of the most natural things you will find in the kitchen, but if you are new to the kitchen, then there are chances that you will end up overcooking the rice. Adding too much water or overcooking the rice will make it mushy. Being one of the staple food in India, rice is cooked very frequently. Some of the people would cook rice daily. This consumption pattern created a need for a gadget that can help you in quickly cooking the rice.A rice cooker can make it quick and easy to prepare the rice. They can take the task away from you, and you can pass on your worries to these cookers.
The rice cooked in a rice cooker is adequately steamed, and it has a lovely texture. The cooked rice doesn’t become mushy either. These rice cookers are capable of keeping the rice warm as well. Another good thing about the rice cooker is that they can be used to prepare other things as well. For example, they can be used to make Idlis, dim sums, steamed vegetables and even instant noodles. This factor adds a lot of versatility to the rice cookers. Some of the models come with additional attachments that can prove to be quite handy.
The good thing is that you do not have to spend a lot of money on the rice cooker. You can buy one in less than Rs 2000. Many brands manufacture rice cookers so you will also have a lot of options to choose from. To help you, we have listed some of the best rice cookers available in India in this price range. So, you can move on to the next section and see what is there in stores for you.
Top 10 Best Rice Cookers under 2000 Rs in India
Let us now move on to the list of the best rice cookers available in India. You can go through all the details. While checking out the model, you must look at the rice cook’s capacity, and you must also look at the attachments available with the model. Apart from this, do look at the warranty policy as well. You can now check out the reviews of these rice cookers in our list.
1. Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker
Prestige is a brand that is well recognized in the kitchens. The brand has a lot of products in its portfolio, and they are made of excellent quality. So, the first rice cooker on our list is from Prestige. In the pack, you get two pans, steamer lid, steamer cap, spatula, measuring cup and detachable cord. The wattage of this rice cooker is 700 watts. It should be sufficient for a family of 6 as it can cook as much as 1000 grams of rice in a single batch.
The handles are designed with a material that stays cool even after cooking multiple batches. The two pans give you the required flexibility while you are cooking. Overall, it is one of the best rice cookers that you can buy in 2021. It is worth having a look at this rice cooker.
- Prestige offers a one year warranty on this rice cooker. The heating plate has a five-year warranty.
- You have an option to choose the model with one pan or with two pots.
- You can use this rice cooker for cooking 1 kg of raw rice.
- Nothing that we could notice.
2. Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
The next rice cooker that we are going to talk about is from Panasonic. This product is also a reliable rice cooker that comes with all the regular features like auto-cooking and auto cut-off. The rice cooker also has an anodized aluminium cooking pan that is resistant to corrosion. Panasonic offers scoop with this rice cooker, and the cooker comes with a scoop holder as well. If warranty policy has been your concern, then you will be happy to know that Panasonic offers a two-year warranty on this rice cooker. The heating element comes with a five-year warranty.
The rice cooker uses ROHS compliant material. Because of compliance, the material is safe, and at the same time, it is also very sturdy. The power consumption of this rice cooker is quite low, so it will not shoot up your power bills.
- The standard warranty on the heating element is five years, and the warranty on the rice cooker is two years.
- The capacity of this rice cooker is 1.8 L.
- The cookers keep the rice warm, and it takes just 20 minutes to cook.
- Nothing as such.
3. Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
At number 3, we have a rice cooker from Bajaj. This rice cooker also comes with a two-year warranty. It is capable of cooking 1 Kg of raw rice in a single batch. This rice cooker comes with an aluminium cooking bowl that also has an anodized finish. Apart from all these details, the power rating of this rice cooker is 550 watts. The body is made of sturdy material, and at the same time, the brand uses food-grade material while manufacturing this rice cooker.
The handles of this rice cooker are insulated, so they remain cool. The power cord is also not detachable. If you are looking for something that can be carried to the dining table, then it might not be the best option available for you. Bajaj is quite a reliable brand with excellent after-sales service so you can consider this rice cooker.
- The total cooking capacity of this rice cooker is 1 Kg.
- Bajaj offers a two-year warranty on the rice cooker.
- It is easy to operate this rice cooker, and it is also easy to clean.
- Some people do not like the quality of this rice cooker.
4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Joy Rice Cooker
If you are looking for an affordable rice cooker, it is also worth checking out Pigeon’s option. This model is a state of art rice cooker that is available at quite an affordable price. It has a capacity of 1.8 L, and it is a single pot rice cooker. The heating plate of this rice cooker is designed with aluminium, and this gives them strength and durability to it. The power rating of this rice cooker is 700 watts, so it is efficient in terms of energy consumption.
Monitoring the rice cooker is also easy because of the 2 LED design. It tells you when the cooking is complete. The rice cooker is sufficient for a family of 4 to 5 people because of its capacity.You can opt for a different size if you have a smaller or larger family. In the box, you get a spatula and a measuring cup as well.
- The cooking plate and the pan is designed with high quality aluminium
- Pigeon offers a one year warranty on the rice cooker.
- It is quite an affordable option that is available in the market.
- Nothing as such.
5. Philips HL1662/00 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
Another premium brand available in India is Philips. The products from Philips are very durable, and they are always worth a look. If you are looking for the best rice cooker then it worth checking out this model from Philips, this rice cooker has a capacity of 1 L, and it means that you will be able to cook 500 grams of raw rice in the cooker. The quantity is sufficient for a family of 4. The rice cooker has an auto cut-off option, and it enables you to cook all types of rice as well. The keep-warm function keeps the rice nice and hot until you serve it.
The overall warranty on the product is two years, but the coil has a five-year warranty. In terms of power consumption, this rice cooker is rated at 450 watts. You also get a starch separator plate with this model, and it makes the cooking easy. Apart from the starch separator plate, you get a measuring cup, power cord and a spoon with this rice cooker.
- Philips is one of the best brand available in the market.
- You get a five-year warranty on the heating coil and two-year warranty on the overall rice cooker.
- The brand provides a starch separator plate with this rice cooker.
- You pay a premium because of the premium quality.
6. Brayden Rizo V18 Electric Rice Cooker
Are you looking for a product that has very appealing looks? Well, check out this model from Brayden, and it will be love at first sight. The design of this rice cooker is very modern, and it comes with a glass lid that lets you see the cooking process without having to remove the cover. The base of the rice cooker is strong and sturdy. The handles are designed with heat resistant material. Talking about the cooking pot, it has a capacity of 1.8 L, and it is coated with Teflon. The coating makes it non-stick in nature.
Apart from making plain boiled rice, you can even use this to make biryani or even oatmeal soup. Apart from the safety lid and cooking bowl, you also get a spatula and a measuring cup in the package. You have colour options available, and you also have a choice in terms of the capacity.
- This rice cooker can be used to cook multiple things apart from plain boiled rice.
- The cooking pot has a Teflon coating on it.
- The design of the rice cooker is very premium, and it also comes with a glass lid.
- No information is available about the warranty policy.
7. Lifelong RC18 Electric Rice Cooker
Here is the most affordable option available in the market. This model is priced at less than Rs 1300, and you are going to love it. The model has an auto cooking mode, so it turns on to keep warm function after the cooking process is complete. The lid is designed with stainless steel, and it efficiently blocks the steam from escaping. The handles are double-walled, and the cool touch design makes it better. This model is capable of cooking 900 grams of raw rice in a single batch.
Overall, the quality is satisfactory, and you will not face any issue. Moreover, the warranty covers you from any manufacturing defect. The brand has a good presence in India, and this is the reason why you can rely on this rice cooker.
- The brand offers 18 months warranty on this rice cooker.
- It is one of the most affordable models available in the market.
- You can use it to prepare stew, porridge, idlis, soup, pulao and even steamed vegetables.
- Nothing that we could notice.
8. Preethi RC-320 1.8-Litre Double Pan Rice Cooker
If you are looking for a double pan rice cooker, then we have already talked about one at starting of the list. The second option available is from Preethi. This product is a 1.8 L rice cooker, and it has a double pan design. The rice cooker enables you to cook the rice quickly and efficiently. It comes with a thermostat cut-off function that stops the rice from over-cooking. The heating coil in this rice cooker is also overlapped, and hence it efficiently cooks the rice.
The pans are designed with the anodized aluminium. The wattage of this rice cooker is 2300 watts. Apart from this, you get a reliable warranty policy when you buy the rice cooker from Preethi. For any other information, you can check out the product page associated with the cooker.
- It comes with a one year warranty on cooker and three-year warranty on the heating coil
- The model comes with two cooking pots.
- It has a cooking capacity of 1.8 L, and hence you can cook the rice for the whole family.
- The rice cooker has average quality.
9. Havells Xpress Cook 400W 1 L Rice Cooker
At number 9, we have another premium rice cooker. It is one of the best looking rice cooker available in the market. The cooker has a uniquely designed handle, and the lid is designed with toughened glass. The handles are ergonomic, and they are made of insulation material. The brand has also integrated anti-skid feet to improve its stability. The outer body is thick, and the bowl is made of thick material as well.
The rice cooked with the help of this rice cooker is very fluffy. The cooker also has a water level indicator to help the user in understanding the ratio of rice to water. You get a five-year warranty on the heating coil and one year warranty on the rice cooker. In the box, you get a glass lid, a bowl, a trivet tray, spatula and a measuring cup.
- This rice cooker from Havells looks fantastic.
- The rice cooker has a glass lid that enables you to monitor the cooking process.
- You get a one year warranty on the rice cooker and five-year warranty on the heating coil.
- This model is slightly expensive.
10. Cello 100 B Multi Utility Cooker 1.2 Litre
Why would you buy a simple rice cooker when you can get a multi-utility cooker at the same price? Here is a 5 in 1 cooker from Cello that can be used for cooking rice, boiling pasta, boiling noodles, steaming momos and heating the milk. The rice cooker has a base that powers the cooker. The lower part contains the water tank, and the body of this cooker is made of stainless steel. The glass lid on the top enables you to check the cooking process.
You get removable steamer bowl and a steam stand with this cooker. The wide mouth of the rice cooker makes it easy for you to clean the rice cooker. The soft touch handle makes it easy to remove the cooker when you need it.
- On this product, you get a one year warranty from Cello.
- The rice cooker can be used for multiple things which includes boiling pasta, momos and a lot of other things.
- The lid of the cooker is made of glass, and you get multiple attachments as well.
- The capacity of this rice cooker is just 1.2 L.
How to Buy Best Rice Cooker in India Under 2K
No doubt that there are many confusing factors present while choosing the right type of rice cooker. If you are feeling quite confused about selecting a particular rice cooker from dozens of options present in the market, this buying guide will surely help you out. Here we are going to talk about some highly considerable points that a person shouldn’t ignore while buying a rice cooker.
Should Be Easy To Use:
Nowadays, in the market, many brands offer amazing features and automatic features in their rice cookers. Some people think that it is a way to generate the hype of their rice cooker, but as a matter of fact, these features can be very beneficial for you. We are talking about features like the preset programs, and timer or alert settings. If you use this type of feature while using the rice cooker, then surely you can save a lot of your precious time instead of dealing with a manual cooker.
If we talk about the preset programs, some rice cookers come with minimal options like warm setting and timer. On the other hand, some advanced types of rice cookers are also available in the market that can be very versatile because you can use them for various recipes.
Size or Capacity:
It is obvious that if you are buying a rice cooker to cook rice for only two people, buying an extremely large rice cooker would be a stupid mistake. For better clarification, we want to let all readers know that rice cookers’ size or capacity may vary from one liter to six liters. So, in case if you are willing to use a rice cooker for cooking rice for four to six people, then you should prefer to go with a rice cooker that must have at least three to five-liter of capacity.
Lid Is Also Matter:
The lid of a rice cooker is the most ignored type of section, but the fact is that lid is another very essential part of a cooker. When you head to the market, you will find out that most of the brands are offering two main types of lids, the first one is the close fit stainless steel lid, and the second type is the see-through type of lids. Well, in our opinion, you should prefer to go with a rice cooker that comes with a see-through type of lid. We are saying this because, while cooking the rice, you can easily keep an eye on who the overall cooking process is going by seeing through a see-through lid.
The most significant and foremost maintenance factor involved in the rice cooker is the cleaning after each use. It’s because no one wants to spend hours standing in front of kitchen skin while cleaning the cooker manually. That’s why you should always prefer to buy an aluminum or stainless steel built rice cooker with the non-stick coating, and it must show compatibility with the dishwashing machines. In this way, you can invest your time doing something productive or relaxing instead of cleaning the rice cooker for too long.
We have tried to cover all the major brands in the market so that you can choose a rice cooker from your favourite brand. We would recommend you to go through the reviews that we have shared with you and then make a choice depending on your needs. We would not recommend a single product out of the list so that there is no bias when you are buying the rice cooker for your family.
If you have any questions or thoughts, then you can write to us in the comment sections. We will get back to at the earliest.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.
- 1. Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker
- 2. Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- 3. Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
- 4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Joy Rice Cooker
- 5. Philips HL1662/00 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
- 6. Brayden Rizo V18 Electric Rice Cooker
- 7. Lifelong RC18 Electric Rice Cooker
- 8. Preethi RC-320 1.8-Litre Double Pan Rice Cooker
- 9. Havells Xpress Cook 400W 1 L Rice Cooker
- 10. Cello 100 B Multi Utility Cooker 1.2 Litre
- How to Buy Best Rice Cooker in India Under 2K