These days, it has become important for every person to master the motor vehicle and if you want to drive motor vehicles on Indian roads, then you need to get driving license for it. If you are a resident of Kerala, then you need to make sure that you get your DL if you want to drive vehicles on the road.
Procedure to apply for Driving License in Kerala
You can choose the application for driving license in Kerala through the online or offline process as per your choice. Here is the online process to apply for DL in Kerala.
Online procedure for DL Kerala
- The people who want to apply for driving license online can go to the keralamvd.gov.in/index.php/forms/driving-license to download the form.
- After downloading the form, you can fill up it with correct details. Make sure that you don’t make any errors while filling the form. The necessary documents can be uploaded on the official site along with the filled application form.
- You can book for the DL test and make the fee payment online.
- You will receive your application number, which can be used to track the application status later.
- You can take a printout of all the forms and documents by reaching the RTO office. Make sure that you also carry original documents for the certification at the office.
- After you clear the driving test, your license will be approved and you will receive it within 15 to 20 days. The license is sent at your residential address and you can check the status of it till then.
Offline procedure to get DL in Kerala
- The people who want to apply for offline DL can go to the nearby RTO office from where they can collect the application form.
- After receiving the application form, you can attach the necessary documents with it. Make sure that you submit the form along with the required details without making any errors.
- You can book for the driving license test and then appear for the test on the given date and time. Within some days, you will receive your DL in Kerala at your home.
Eligibility to apply for DL in Kerala
The people who want to get a driving license in Kerala should fulfill eligibility criteria to get the license. The applicant who is between the ages of 16 to 18 should get written consent from parents to apply for a driving license of a motorbike with less than 50 cc of engine capacity. The applicant who is of 18 years old can apply for the non-transport vehicle driving license. If someone wants to apply for a transport vehicle DL, then he should be more than 20 years old. The applicant should know all the basic traffic rules and regulations.
Fees to get a driving license
The people who want to apply for the permanent driving license in Kerala will need to pay the fee or Rs.200 only. If someone wants to apply for an international driving license, then the payment will be Rs.500/-. There are no extra charges to receive a driving license and one need to pay an amount of Rs.50 to appear for the driving test.
Check Driving License Status in Kerala
The people who want to check the driving license status in Karnataka can go to the official website, keralamvd.gov.in/index.php/license. After clicking on the application status tab, you can choose a license and then you will need to enter the necessary details along with the application number. Within a few seconds, you will be able to see the driving license status online.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.