If you can drive a vehicle on your own, then you don’t have to stay dependent on anyone. Even though cab services are there but if you have a vehicle at your home, then it will be more convenient for you. Every person who wants to drive vehicle on Indian roads need to get a driving license; otherwise, it will be illegal to drive on public roads.
The person driving car on road without driving license has to pay penalty charges, and some might end up in jail. So, here is the complete information about the driving license application and other details.
How to apply for driving license online?
Whether you want to apply for the driving license online or you want to apply for it offline, you can get the both services.
Here are the details to apply for driving license in both ways as per your convenience:
Offline application process
- You have to go to the nearby RTO office to apply for the driving license. You can download the application form the https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/en/content/all-forms.
- You should be eligible to fill the driving license form, and then you can fill up the form with correct details. The required documents should be attached with the application, and then you can submit it at the RTO office along with the fees.
- You have to reach at the given location at the scheduled test date on time.
Apply for DL online
- You can go to the trusted http://megtransport.gov.in/Driving_Licence.html to apply for a license online.
- You can fill up the form and then you can upload the scanned documents along with your application. You should take a printout of the license application acknowledgment.
- Within a few days, the license will be dispatched at your home.
So, this is the whole procedure to apply for the driving license and you will have to appear for an interview which includes the road safety questions. On the scheduled test day, you will have to show your driving skills and if you will clear it, then you will be able to get your license. The driving license will be delivered at your home via Postal services.
Eligibility and necessary documents for DL in Meghalaya
To apply for the driving license in Meghalaya, the candidate should have completed the age of 18 years. If someone wants to drive heavy transportation vehicle, then that person can get license at the age of twenty. The candidates can’t dry heavy vehicles till they have experience of one year of driving light motor vehicles. The candidate applying for the license should be known with all the rules & regulations.
Here are the necessary documents required to apply for driving license:
- Application form with the prescribed fee
- Age proof
- Residence proof
- Medical certificate
- Three passport size photos of the applicant
- Aadhar Card
Fee to get Driving License in Meghalaya
The candidate who wants to get learner’s license have to pay Rs.150/- for it. If you want driving license, then you have to pay Rs.200/- and in the case of commercial vehicle driving, you will be required to pay an amount of Rs.600/-. If you want to apply for international driving license, then fee or Rs.1000/- is required to be paid by you.
Check the status of driving license
The application number can help check the status of your license. You can go to the local RTO office where you submitted the form. After reaching the office, you can talk to the concerned authorities about the license status, and they will let you know about it.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.