These days, it has become straightforward to get a driving license if you want to drive a vehicle on Indian and international roads. If you own a motor vehicle, then you should get your driving license to avoid any penalty charges. Driving license is the legal document which helps an individual to ride a non-transport or transport vehicle. Every state has its own rules when it comes to a driving license.
Here you can learn the easy procedure to apply for driving license in Punjab.
How to apply for driving license online?
The government of Punjab has allowed the citizens to get a driving license via offline and online procedures both. To get the driving license, the candidate will have to clear the driving test, which is conducted by the RTO authorities.
Online driving license procedure in Punjab
- The candidates who want to apply for driving license online can go to the olps.punjabtrasnport.org/forms.aspx from where you can download the application form.
- You need to fill up the form and then attached documents can be submitted along with the application form at the nearby RTO office.
- If you want to upload documents online, then you can go to the website, parivahan.gov.in/parivahan where you can upload the scanned copies of comments online. You will need to go to the RTO office for the acknowledgment process.
- You will need to appear for the driving test on the given date and time. After clearing the test, your driving license will be dispatched, and then it will be effortless for you to get the best services. You will receive it directly at your home within some days.
Offline DL process
- First of all, you have to go to the nearby RTO office from where you can collect the application form.
- You will have to fill up the application form with correct details and then attach the necessary documents along with it. You will submit the form in the office to the concerned authorities.
- You can ask the RTO official to schedule the driving test date for you. Make sure that you reach on the given date for the test.
- After passing the test, the license will be approved then you can receive it at your home via postal order.
Eligibility and necessary documents for DL in Punjab
The Punjab state has set eligibility criteria for the people who want to drive the vehicle on the roads. The candidate should be more than 20 to drive motor vehicles like bikes and cars. If someone is 18 years old, then he/she can get a license for the motorcycle with less than 50cc engine capacity. The age of the applicant should be 20 years to drive commercial vehicles, but they should also have one year of experience of driving motor vehicles. Here are the necessary documents to apply for the driving license:
- Application form 4
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Driving license fee
The fee to get Driving License in Punjab
You need to pay an amount of Rs.200/- to get a permanent driving license in Punjab. You have to pay an amount fo Rs.50/- for your vehicle category. Submitting the fee along with application form in RTO office is crucial if you want to get your driving license.
Check the status of driving license
In this digital age, it is effortless to check the status of driving license as you need to go to the sarathi.nic.in or you can also go to the nearby RTO office where you submitted the form. You need to enter the DL number along with D.O.B. to get the status of license in front of you.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.