Odisha is a famous state which is very famous for temples and culture. If someone wants to drive a vehicle in Odisha, then that person should have valid DL. The people who wish to drive vehicle on the public roads of India need to own driving license.
The interested candidates can take the help of RTO offices to get their license. Here are the details about applying for the driving license.
How to apply for driving license online?
The applicants who want to apply for driving license in Odisha can use both offline and online processes as per their requirements.
Online DL application process
- First of all, you will visit the official website, sarathi.nic. In where you will look for the application form for new DL.
- After getting the form, you can fill up the form with correct details, and you have to upload the scanned copies of necessary documents with the application form.
- After uploading the application with documents, you will receive the application number which can be used for checking status.
- The application fee for the form can be paid online. You won’t have to go anywhere when you want to fill up the form sitting at your home.
Offline driving license application
- The people who want to apply for a driving license can go to the nearby RTO office where they can submit the form along with the necessary documents.
- The form and documents will be verified by the authorities, and then the test will be scheduled for you.
- You have to reach on the given scheduled date and time to pass the test. The driving license will be dispatched after you would clear the driving test. Within two or three weeks, the driving license would be delivered at your home.
Now that you know both offline and online procedures, you can apply for the driving license via any option as per your choice. Make sure that you submit correct details while filling up the form so that you can get the driving license with appropriate information about it.
Eligibility and necessary documents for DL in Odisha
The candidate who wants to get the driving license should fulfill the eligibility criteria for it. The important documents should be submitted by the candidate along with the driving license. Here are the eligibility criteria for the candidates:
- The candidate should have completed the age of eighteen years old to apply for DL.
- To the drive transport vehicle, the age of the candidate should be twenty years old.
- The candidate should know about basic traffic rules and regulations.
There are certain documents which need to be submitted along with the driving license application form. With the documents, the application form won’t be approved by authorities. Here are the necessary documents which should be submitted by the vehicles owners to get a driving license:
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Three passport size photos
- Learner’s license
- Application number 4
The fee to get Driving License in Odisha
The candidates who want to apply for the driving license also need to pay the fee with the application form. An amount of Rs.200/- is asked by the government for the candidates who want to get their driving license. There will be extra Rs.50% charged for the driving test.
Check the status of driving license
If you want to check the status of your driving license application, then you can visit http://oltp1.orissatransport.org/ODTS/Default.aspx where you can get to know the status easily.
You will need to add the necessary information, and then the Driving license status would appear in front of you. You can also go to the nearby RTO office to check DL status.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.