In order to get a driving license in Sikkim then you need to learn about the rule and regulation of the state. By following all the rules you can ensure that creating your driving license is a hassle-free experience. If you want to drive the vehicle legally then you need to get a driving license. By showing the driving license to the authorized official it can provide assurance that you are legally capable of driving the vehicle.
So here you can learn information about how you can get a license and what is the process you need to follow.
How to apply for a driving license in Sikkim?
There are two ways by which you can apply for a driving license in Sikkim. First is you can either use the help of an online website or visit the nearby RTO office.
Apply for driving license using the online method
- To apply online you need to visit parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- After that, you can check “Online services” and then click on “Driving license related services”
- Now you can select the state Sikkim and then click on apply online
- Select a new driving license and then enter the learner license number
- Fill in the required information and then upload the required documents
- After that, an application number will be generated
- You can visit the RTO office for the driving test
Apply for driving license by offline methods
- For the offline method, you need to visit the RTO office
- You need to get the driving license application
- Fill in the required information and attach the documents
- After verification pay the Fees and then go for driving license test
Eligibility for the Driving License
In order to apply for a driving license in Sikkim, you need to be over a certain age. First, you need to get a learner’s license in order to apply for the driving license. After 30 days of getting a learner license, you can apply for the driving license. So here are some of the eligibility criteria for applying for a driving license.
- In order to apply for a driving license of a 50cc motorcycle you need to be over the age of 16 years
- For the license of a light motor vehicle, you need to be over the age of 18 years
- To apply for a driving license you need to be over the age of 20 years
Documents required for the Driving License
There are various documents required for the driving license. First, you need to provide a document which will prove that your age is over 18 or 20 depending on the type of driving license. For the age proof, you can use a voter ID card or Aadhar card. You will also need to provide an address proof in which you can provide PAN car or birth certificate. There are other documents you need to provide for the driving license. For a private vehicle license, you need to prove Application form number 4. Also, provide three passport size photos for the verification and a copy of the application fees.
What is the Fee for Driving License?
In order to get driving in Sikkim, you need to pay a fee of Rs 200. After paying the fee you will get a verification slip for further inquiry. The fee for learner driving license you have to pay Rs 150.
Ways to check driving license status in Sikkim online
You can check the status of your driving license in Sikkim by visiting sarathi.nic.in and then enter the information about your state. You have to provide information like your driving license number and date of birth to get the status details.
Make sure that you complete all the details in the application form properly. You need to carry all the original documents with yourself in order to get it verified by the RTO officers. Also, you need to paste your passport size photos properly and then sign the documents to verify all the information is correct.
There is a different license for the heavy and light motor vehicle. So you need to make sure that you drive only the vehicles which you are licensed to drive.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.