In order to drive in West Bengal, it is mandatory for a driver to require a driver’s license. With the help of a driving license, it is legal to drive a car or ride a bike within the state. It is important for anyone above the age of 18 to obtain a driving license and the steps for applying is explained below.
Applying for a driving license in West Bengal is a very easy task with the help of the link in the portal. The types of driver’s license available in West Bengal are :
- A gearless drivers license is for drivers who ride scooters or small bikes
- Gear Drivers license for drivers who drive cars, two wheelers having gear
- A heavy drivers license is for drivers who drive heavy vehicles like lorries, containers etc
The documents required for the application of the driver’s license are as follows:
- Age proof like educational certificate provided from school, birth certificate, PAN card, Passport, Certificate from SSC (marksheet), employee certificate from State Government/Central gov concerns
- Address proof like Passport, PAN, Voter ID, Aadhar card, electricity or telephone bills, insurance policy, rental agreement in case of tenants
- Passport size photos – 6 photos for LL and 1 for DL
- Form 4 for drivers license and Form 5 for Commercial drivers license
In order to apply for a license in West Bengal, the following are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ for downloading the application form
- It is mandatory to obtain a Driver’s License from the authorized authorities like RTO, DC or JC
- For LL, first need to fill the application form
- After filing the application form, upload documents, photo and signature
- Test slot for LL is booked
- After booking the slot, payment is made
The filling of application form contains the basic details like whether the person is a diplomat, repatriate / Refugees / Foreigners (But not Diplomats) / Ex-Servicemen / Physically Challenged based on the above category. If the person already has a driver’s license/learner license, he needs to fill the license number and the date of birth for submitting the application. In case the person does have a license number, he needs to select the category as not holding Driver license.
Uploading the application form
Once the above details are verified, the application form is submitted and an application number is generated for future use. With the help of the application number, photo and signature are uploaded in the next step of the process.
Uploading of the photograph and signature
In order to upload the photograph and signature, the following details are to be entered like the application number, date of birth, applicant name, relation, gender, application date, and RTO. The dimensions of a photo to be uploaded are available in the portal and can be checked before submitting. After upload of the sign and photograph in the portal, save them.
Booking of LL test slot
For booking of LL test slot, enter the application number and applicant date of birth and verification code and click submit.
For online payment, select the application fee from the E-payment Menu and then enter the application number and date of birth. Then click on “click to calculate fee” button and verify your details.
Then select on the Bank/Gateway from the Dropdown menu. After selecting the gateway or bank, enter the generated code in the corresponding box. Click on the pay now for making the payment.
Status of payment
The status of payment can be verified by entering the application number and date of birth of the applicant along with the text to be entered in the box. Click on verify to know the status of the payment.
- For drivers below the age of 16 years can ride motorbikes without gear with engine capacity less than 50 ccs are eligible for gearless drivers license
- For drivers above the age of 18 years are eligible to ride motorbikes with gear
- For drivers above the age of 20 years are eligible to ride other vehicles
- The knowledge about the traffic rules and law regulations is mandatory for the eligibility
- The learner license should be available to the driver before applying for a drivers license
- With the availability of learner license, the driver can apply for a drivers license from 30 days to 120 days from the date of issue.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.