The Government of Jammu and Kashmir launched an Integrated Social Security Scheme under the Social Welfare Department of the state. This scheme has been started for old age, widow / destitute and physically handicapped. The objective of pension is to provide financial assistance to those beneficiaries who have little means of substance from their source of income or through financial support from other sources or family members, and who are living below the poverty line.
There are many benefits of applying for the Integrated Social Security Scheme, one of the most important being the availability of financial assistance, which will be credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. Women in distress including separated, destitute, widow or divorce are provided financial support in the form of monthly pension amounts via bank transfer. To enhance the social security of divorced, widowed, destitute women in J&K, the state has been launched this scheme.
Apply Widow Pension Jammu and Kashmir
To know more about the Jammu and Kashmir Widow Pension Scheme, keep reading.
Below is the list of documents to apply for the ISSS scheme:
- Death Certificate of Husband
- BPL Status Certificate/ Ration Card
- Voter ID card issued by Election Commission of India
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook with Photo
- Pan Card
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residential Proof
This scheme requires that you meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered eligible:
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The applicant under all three components of this scheme must have an insufficient source of income to sustain their livelihood and must be poor.
- Applicant should be between 45 and 55 years old.
Note: Under this scheme, there is a special provision for giving training kits to young women in widow/ distress/ divorces. A sewing kit/handloom kit costing Rs. 3500 is provided so that they can earn their livelihood.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Jammu and Kashmir?
Those who want to apply for this pension scheme can directly contact the District Social Welfare or Tehsil Social Welfare Officer.
- To contact local authorities, you can visit https://www.jksocialwelfare.nic.in/
- Here is an applicant link for widow pension https://jkdswdj.jk.gov.in/downloadForms/widowPension.pdf
- Registration forms can also be got from the Tehsil Social Welfare or District Social Welfare free of cost.
- Fill the registration form with all essential details.
- Attach all the essential documents with the form as mentioned in the Required Documents section.
- Submit your application form to the concerned officer in the Tehsil Social Welfare Officer.
- As per the authorities call, pay the required fees.
- Take the printout of your registration form for future reference.
- Once the verification will complete, the beneficiary shall be issued a pension passbook.
How much pension does a widow get in Jammu and Kashmir?
- The widow who will benefit from the ISSS scheme will receive monthly assistance of Rs 200.
- Eligible applicants will receive their pension amount in the form of direct deposits into their designated accounts.
How to check widow pension status in J&K?
Visit the District Social Welfare Office or Tehsil Social Welfare Office.