The widow Pension scheme is a great initiative taken by the government of India (central+ state) to provide financial support to all women who do not have anyone to take responsibility for them. Like other states, the state government of Karnataka assist needy, poor and financially destitute widow under the Widow Pension Scheme to improve their life.
This is an important step towards the empowerment of every woman within the state. The main objective of this scheme is to hand over the monthly pension amount to the widows so that they can raise their standard of living without being dependent on anyone. Please note, children of widowed, family members or other relatives are not eligible for the financial perks provided under this scheme after the death of the widow.
Apply Widow Pension Karnataka
To know more about this scheme, keep reading this blog:
The documents essential for widow pension in Karnataka includes:
- Identity proof ( Ration Card/ Voter Card/ Aadhar Card)
- Applicant passport size photo
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook, etc.
Applicants are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria for receiving a monthly pension amount under the Karnataka Widow Pension Scheme:
- Only widow below the poverty line is eligible to get benefits under this scheme.
- The age of the applicant should be around 18 to 60 years.
- The applicant will not be eligible under this scheme if she has remarried after her husband’s death.
- If the woman’s children are capable and she has the means to earn, then she will not be eligible under this scheme.
- Only residents of Karnataka are eligible for the benefits.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Karnataka?
The following steps help you to apply for Karnataka Widow Pension Scheme:
- To apply for Widow Pension Scheme, you have to contact the DSSP (Directorate of Social Security and Pensions State.
- Open the official website: https://karunadu.karnataka.gov.in/welfareofdisabled/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx
- Download the widow pension form 13 from this website.
- Mention all necessary details and attach required documents.
- Before submitting the documents, take a printout of your application for future reference.
- Submit it to the Directorate of Social Welfare.
- Pay the mandatory fees with the applicant form.
- The amount will credit to the applicant’s bank account after document verification.
How much pension does a widow get in Karnataka?
From July 2021, the Pension for Widows and Financial Assistance for the disabled will be enhanced from Rs. 600 to Rs. 800 monthly. The scheme will benefit 4 lakh disabled people and 17 lakh widows.
How to check widow pension status in Karnataka?
To check the current status of your monthly pension, the following steps will help you:
- The online status of pension is provided by the Office of Accountant General of Karnataka.
- Applicants can information about pension status by choosing the type of perk like fresh pension, family pension, widow pension, pension revision.
- For completing the above step, you need to fill in the Preferred Provider Organisation (PPO) number and date of birth.