Kerala is the state in southern most part of India and it boasts of the highest literacy rate in India. The state is also very scenic and it is full of tourist attractions. The backwaters of Kerala is certainly something that everyone wishes to visit. Kerala is also referred to as God’s own land. In addition to this, you can find a lot of agricultural activities in Kerala. Talking about the culture, Kerala has a rich culture along with a very distinct cuisine.
You can invest money in Kerala in the real estate and it is very easy to purchase a property in Kerala. You do not really need much of capital as the land is still cheaper when compared to other metropolitan cities. The land can offer you good returns in retirements and if you have really decided to purchase a property then do not forget to check the land records of the land that you are planning to buy. Unlike the older days, there is no need to visit the government office to check the state land records. Instead, you can check the records via an online portal. In this article, you will find all the details about the same.
Advantages of Checking Land Records
There are only advantages of checking the land records in any state. Be it Kerala or any other state, you must check the land records and this will help you in assuring that you are into the legit deal. There had been a lot of cases of land frauds earlier but all this can easily be avoided by checking the land records. The process is really simple and you do not have to do much to check the land records. While checking the land records, you can match up the information that is shared with you by the seller of the land. Any discrepancy in the information is a red sign. Let us now look at the process to check the land records in Kerala.
Steps to Check Land Records in Kerla
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- The website to check the land records in Kerala is http://kslb.kerala.gov.in/main.php and hence you need to visit this website to start the procedure. You must have the information about the land before you start checking the details.
- On the left side of the page, you will notice an option for Land Search. You need to click on that to begin the land search. With this, you can start the search for land records.
- Now enter the 12 Digital Land ID and once you enter the number, click on the search button. There is also an alternative to check the land records if you are not aware of the land ID.
- In this alternative, you can click on the map of Kerala on the right side of the page. This will take you to the new page. Select the district from the left side of the page and then select the Taluk from the list. In the next step, select the village name. You can now find the land in the list displayed and click on More Details corresponding to this option.
- This will display all the details about the land records. You can also click on FMB option at bottom of the page and the FMB information will be displayed on in PDF version.
What are Other Services Offered?
Apart from checking the land records, you can use this website to check the government activities and progress reports. Apart from that, the land also shares the details of funds and utilization of the funds.
In case of encroachment on land, you can report it with the help of the toll-free number listed on the page. The toll-free number is 1800 425 5255.
This was all the details about checking the land records in Kerala. You can surely invest two minutes here to avoid losing your life earning.
The process is simple and it is worth checking the details. If you notice that the details are different from the details shared by the seller then you must back out from the deal.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.