The government of India provides various scholarship programs through state government to all minority communities. Some of the minority communities include Parsis, Muslims, Sikhs, Jains and Schedule tribe and Schedule Caste.
These programs are meant to provide sime benefits in the form of scholarship to the minority population of the country. Let us see some of the scholarship programs in the article that follows
List of Scholarships across India
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2019
KVPY is a scholarship programme for Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.This scholarship provides students to pursue Bachelors in Science and are provided 5000 Rupees and for Masters it is 7000 Rupees.
Eligibility: The students must have passed Class 10th/Class 12th or should be in 1st year of Bachelor year. SC/ST candidates should have 70% marks in Class 10th and 55% marks in Class 12th.
The KVPY scholarship applications are open in 2nd week of July and will close by 2nd week of August. The exam is conducted in the first week of November and result is announced in 1st week of December. There is also a interview process for the scholarship which usually happens by 3rd week of Janurary.
The details to apply for scholarship are given in the following link http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/KVPY-Instruction-18.html.
- The student must register in the website and then create login credentials.
- Fill the personal and academic details, upload photo, signature and other documents as per instructions.
- For SC/ST the application fee is RS 500.
- After successful payment an email will be sent to the student. The application fees is non-refundable.
Mailing Address: The Convener
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY).
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560 012
Email id for application related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email id for fellowship related queries: email@example.com
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC in India
Pre-Matric scholarship is designed to provide support to the students who are below double poverty line. Scholarship is also provided in institutions which are recognized by concerned state of government and Union Territory Administration.
This scholarship provides 100 Rupees per month to Class 1 to Class 10th and an adhoc 500 Rupees for exceptional performers.
- The students can avail the scholarship from Class 1 to Class 10th. The annual income of the parents should not exceed 2,50,000 Rupees per annum.
- The award will be continued only to the students who pass the minimum marks in each class.
- The attendance should not be less than 60% in the previous year for availing scholarship.
- Students must produce OBC caste certificate.
The school will be provided with application forms by the department of respective State government. The headmaster should fill the forms and take the required document etc from the student and apply.
The student/school must register in the respective state government website and fill the student’s personal details, academic details, school code and other fields per the instructions.
Submit the application form before the application closing date which is decided by respective state government.
Application Last date
The application date will close by the end of September 2019.
Website for prematric scholarship for each state can be found in http://www.scholarships.gov.in/.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minority communities
The merit cum means scholarship is provided by ministry of minorities to underprivileged or backward communities to pursue higher education. The scholarship organization will offer 20,000 Rupees annually for hostlers and 1000 Rupees monthly for basic expenses. Students who are day scholars will receive 500 Rupees monthly for a period of 10 months.
- The student must belong to minority community.
- The student must have passed Class 11 and Class 12 exam and should have taken admission in a bachelor degree college or equivalent course.
- The student must pass the exam conducted by the organization to avail the scholarship.
- The student should register themselves in http://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Select Merit cum means scholarship 2019 and check for the application closing date.
- Fill in all the details including Aadhar number and submit the application.
- The documents required are photo of student, verification form from institution, academic records of previous education, Aadhar card, caste certificate and bank details.
Usually the last date for application submission is end of October every year. For 2019, it is estimated to extend until March.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST students
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship is given to tribal students by Ministry of Tribal Affairs to promote higher education among SC/ST caste. The fellowship provides between 16,000 rupees per month to 25,000 Rupees depending on their specialization course. House Rent Allowance is also provided per the government rules.
- This fellowship is meant for the students who are from SC/ST background and have exceptionally performed in Masters and Bachelor degree.
- The student must enroll into a M.Phil or PhD program in a designated college that is accredited per the government regulations.
- The studen must produce caste certificate at the time of application process.
- Open the website www.ugc.ac.in and and on top right-click on e-start and select the RGNF scholarship for SC/ST candidates.
- Please go through the notification carefully and fill in the application form per the instructions.
- Submit the form after filling all the details like uploading passport size photo, aadhar card, caste certificate, previous academic details and bank information.
The last date to apply for RGNF fellowship is July 2019.
The above mentioned scholarships cover from pre-matric to PhD programs for backward community students to enable them with good education and increase the literacy in India. Hope the scholarships help you benefit and give an opportunity to education.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.