With the 2019 election coming in soon, all the political parties are gearing up for the election campaigning and the current central government just a few days back has introduced and has scheduled to launch a new scheme that will provide a financial grant to poor farmers in India. The scheme will not only help the farmers financially but also will increase the use of fertilizers and boost the agricultural stocks.
If you need to know more about the scheme, then click the link here http://pmkisan.nic.in/
Key features of this scheme
Development – The entire scheme was introduced to offer financial help to poor farmers, the central government will offer a grant, which the farmer can use to increase his/her agricultural production.
Financial assistance – Based on the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi a farmer is eligible to receive an amount of INR 500 per month, which makes the grant amount INR 6000 per annum.
Installment payments – Based on the details provided by the minister’s office, the central government would pay the grant in three separate installments.
- If the farmer is a retired or serving government employee, he/she should not be receiving a monthly pension more than INR 10000.
- Mayors of municipal corporations, former or present chairperson of district panchayat are not eligible to receive this grant.
- Class IV, group D, Multi-tasking staff and employees is eligible to avail the grant
- If the farmer is a serving or retired doctor, engineer, lawyer, architects, or chartered accountant then they have been excluded from the list of eligible recipients.
- He/she should own a minimum of 2 hectares of land as per the government documents
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme cut-off date
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme will be effective from December 1, 2018, for transfer of the benefit to the eligible farmers. The cut-off date for determining and finalizing the eligibility of an applicant is scheduled to end on 1 February 2019.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme last date to add names
Based on the official website, the last date to add names to the official list is 25th February 2019 and the process of transferring the fund will start from 28th February 2019.
Things to know
- Only an Indian citizen is eligible to receive the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
- The applicant should be able to produce a document that proves his/her Indian nationality.
- The applicant should be the head of the family and should not have children above the age of 18 years.
- The applicant should not hold more than 2 hectares of land and he/she should be able to prove this while applying for this scheme.
- Not all farmers will be eligible to receive this scholarship, only small and marginal agricultural labors will be eligible to receive the grant.
- The applicant should have a permanent account number and should have an account in a nationalized bank in India. The fund offered by the central government will be directly deposited to the bank account, therefore, eliminating corruption and offers maximum transparency of the process.
- All the people who is holding a constitutional position under the constitution of India is excluded from receiving the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme benefits.
- No central or state government employee is eligible to receive the benefits of this scheme
- If the applicant has paid tax in the previous financial year then, he/she is not eligible to receive the benefits of this scheme.
- If the applicant is an Aadhaar card holder, then the fund from the central government will be directly deposited to the Aadhaar linked bank account.
As the scheme is new and just been launched a few months back, not all key details and procedures are made clear to the public as of now. However, here are the key details that are available.
- The applicant should visit the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme or click this link to go directly to the page http://pmkisan.nic.in/
In this page, you will find an option to Login, however, as of now, no details of how to acquire the Login ID and password has not been made clear by the Central government or the State government. Stay tuned to our website to get more details about the application process.