In order to provide the benefit of education to the weaker sections of the society, the government of India has come up with a wide variety of scholarship programmes and schemes. One such programme has been introduced by the state government of Maharashtra which aims to help the scheduled and the other backward classes of the society so that they can come front and take the benefits of some of the scholarship schemes. This scholarship scheme is the MahaDBT scheme. In this article, we discuss the same.
What is the MahaDBT Scholarship?
This is an initiative that is taken by the government of the Indian state, Maharashtra. This is meant for all those students who are trying to get a scholarship of one or the other kind. If you are someone who fulfils the eligibility criteria of getting a MahaDBT Scholarship, then you can apply for the same online in the government’s e-portal.
The following are some more details about the scholarship programme
- As part of the MahaDBT scholarship scheme, as many as 32 varied types of scholarships are made available that are post-matric in nature
- In case of scheduled caste and tribes, other backward classes, etc, the scholarship programme is meant to cover complete tuition fees while also giving somewhere around 9,000 to 12,000 rupees if you are a candidate of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe.
- If you belong to the Vimukta Jat Nomadic Tribe, the benefit covered under this scheme is 100 percent of tuition fees as well as exam fee which will cover as much as 4,000 rupees.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
The following is the eligibility criteria and you can fill the online application form for this scholarship if you are eligible for the same:
- In order to get the scholarship, you need to be an Indian citizen from the state of Maharashtra
- You must be a student who should have completed your education so far from the Indian state of Maharashtra only
- You score in the Senior Secondary Examination should be at least a minimum of 60%
- There are particular requirements with respect to the type of caste or race to which you belong. This includes:
- Schedule caste and schedule tribes
- Special Backward Class
- Other Backward Class
- Vimukta Jat Nomadic Tribes
How to Apply for the MahaDBT Scholarship?
If you fulfil all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria for getting through the MahaDBT scholarship programme, you need to follow the below mentioned simple steps and fill the application form:
- The first step is to go to the official website of the MahaDBT scholarship of the Maharashtra government.
- You first have to login to the website. If you are someone who is an existing user, you can just click on the existing user tab. If you are not one, you will have to create your own login credentials and visit the website
- After you have logged in, you will be asked to input varied details for getting the type of scholarship. You will have to fill all the necessary details such as the scholarship scheme of your choice, your photo identity, the details of the bank, and other details related to your personal self. You will also have to fill in details related to your education so far.
- After a stipulated time, your application will be verified by the concerned department and you shall be in a position to get the application verified. Once that happens, you shall receive the message.
- Finally, your application will be submitted, and you can check the status of your application by logging in with the credentials that you have just used.
As mentioned in the above section, you shall be asked to submit a particular list of documents. It is imperative that you know what these documents are:
- As caste is an essential prerequisite when it comes to looking into the eligibility for this scholarship, you should be able to procure your relevant caste certificate
- There is a particular form 16 and you should have complete proof of your family income
- Another important document to be submitted is the Residence Certificate
- Finally, the students are required to submit the mark sheets of the exams given earlier so that the scores can be verified
Official Website and Other Details
The following is the official website for attaining this particular scholarship is as follows:
mahaDBT helpline number: You can contact on the following number:
The last date for the online registration of the scholarship programme has not been yet updated. However, the applications are now open.
Thus, I hope that the above article has been helpful in making you understand about the scheme of scholarship by the government of Maharashtra.
It is quite a helpful scheme and the government has actually taken a lot of steps to ensure that transparency is maintained to the highest category for making complete and full utilization of the scheme.