The NMMS scholarship, which commonly refers to the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship, is one of the best scholarship schemes in India today. An organizing body of the central government conducts the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship every year. However, when it comes to the exam, the local authorities conduct it and a total of one lakh scholarship is provided each year.
The NMMS scholarship is mainly provided to students studying in class 9 to 12. However, the candidate’s parents should not have an annual income above 1.5 lakhs per annum. Unlike most of the scholarship exams, which demands the applicant to attend a single exam, the NMMS scholarship is very different, the exam is conducted in two stages, the state government authorities will conduct the first stage exam and if the applicant passes the first stage, he/she will be eligible to attend the second stage exam. The second stage exam is conducted by the NCERT. The date and details of the examination will be published on the official website.
NMMS 2019 exam date
The NMMS 2019-2020 scholarship exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of November 2019.
NMMS 2019 eligibility criterion
- The applicant should be a citizen of India
- He/she should be pursuing regular or full time course
- The applicant should be studying in a government recognized school/government aided school/local body.
- The applicant must be studying in class 9th and should have passed the eighth standard with minimum 55% mark or equivalent grades.
- If the applicant wants to continue the scholarship in the higher secondary school, then the candidate must acquire at least 60% marks in the class 10th final exam.
- If the applicant requires the scholarship in class 12th, then he/she must pass class 11th with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grades. PS: the applicant should pass in the first attempt itself.
- If the applicant belongs to SC/ST category, he/she gets a 5% relaxation in the pass mark
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents should not be higher than 1.5 lakhs
- If the applicant is studying in private, NVS, KVS, and Sainik School will not be eligible for NMMS scholarship.
NMMS scholarship 2019 amount
Once you have passed the NMMS scholarship exam, then you will receive an amount of INR 500 per month or INR 6000 per annum.
NMMS scholarship process
The student who wants to get the NMMS scholarship will have to attend and pass two tests
- Mental ability test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT)
|Subjects/topics||Number of questions||Duration of the test|
|Metal ability test(MAT)||Analogy, numerical series, hidden figures, pattern perception etc||90 multiple choice questions||90 minutes|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||Science, mathematics, and social science||90 multiple choice questions||90 minutes|
To apply for NMMS scholarship you will have to go online and then follow the procedure as mentioned below.
Step 1: Open the web browser on your device
Step 2: Navigate to the official website of NMMS or click here to go directly to the page https://scholarships.gov.in/
Step 3: In the page, you will find an option to register as a new user. Click this option to register.
Step 4: In the fill up form that appears on the screen enter all the details as requested.
Step 5: In the form, you will find option to upload the documents. Scan and upload the documents as requested in the form
Step 6: Remember, if you end up filling in the wrong details then the application would be rejected.
Step 7: if the applicant is studying in class 9 or 10, the applicant must select pre-matric scholarship, and if you are studying in class 11 and 12 you will have to select post matric scholarship category.
Step 8: Once you have uploaded the documents and submitted the form, you will receive a registration code.
Save this registration code for future use.
If you are serious about getting the NMMS scholarship, then follow the steps as mentioned above. Every detail you need to know about NMMS scholarship scheme is mentioned above.