The Widow Pension Scheme is designed to provide financial support to poor widows in Manipur. This scheme is launched by the state government of Manipur to provide benefits for all widow beneficiaries.Under this pension scheme, around 10,000 widows in Manipur will get financial benefits.
On 2nd November 2021, the chief minister of Manipur N Biren Singh has launched the widow pension scheme to provide financial benefits to widows in families below the poverty line. The main motto of this pension scheme is to provide monetary help to each widow who is financially weak.
Apply For Widow Pension Manipur
The following documents are necessary to apply for the widow pension scheme Manipur.
- Death certificate of husband
- FIR copy from the police (if the husband is missing for more than 7 years)
- Aadhar card
- Documents for residential proof such as voter card, ration card, pan card, electricity bill, passport, etc.
- Saving bank account details or the photocopy of the passbook
The eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of this scheme are as follows.
- The age of the applicant should be above 18 years, and she should be a permanent resident of Manipur for one year.
- The annual income of the applicant should be below or equal to 2 lakhs.
- All widows are eligible for this scheme. Destitute women with no husband, parent, and son are eligible for this scheme.
- Destitute women with incapable husbands and parents can apply for this scheme.
How Can I Apply for Widow Pension in Manipur?
The application process for the Manipur Widow Pension Scheme is very simple. You can follow the following steps to successfully apply for this scheme.
- First, you will need to obtain the application form for the widow pension scheme.
- For this, you will have to visit the official website of the social welfare department of Manipurhttps://socialselfare.mn.gov.in.
- Once you have the document, you will need to fill it with all the necessary details.
- Also, ensure that you attach the required documents with the application form.
- When the form is ready, you can send it to the respective officer. Then the department will verify your application and other documents.
- If your application gets approved, you will be issued the widow pension passbook by the department.
- This way, you can get benefits from theWidow Pension Scheme in Manipur.
How Much Pension Does a Widow Get in Manipur?
All widow beneficiaries of the Widow Pension Scheme will get 500 rupees every month. For this scheme, the state government contributes 200 rupees, and the central government contributes 300 rupees.
How To Check Widow Pension Stats in Manipur?
Once you have a pension account, you will receive a widow pension paid by the government. If you want to check the status of the pension payment, you can visit the official website. Also, you can download the mPension app to check the pension details.
Visit https://pensionmanipur.nic.in and follow the following steps.
- First, select your treasury office.
Then enter your date of birth, PPO number, and bank account number to get pension details.