Meghalaya Pension scheme states that this widow pension system was established in India in order to offer financial assistance to the destitute widows of the country. Widows who live in households that fall below the poverty threshold are entitled to receive benefits under the pension program.
The Widow Pension Scheme, introduced by the Indian government, is intended to provide bereaved women with a measure of financial independence. The goal of the Scheme is to provide monetary help to widows who are financially reliant on other relatives or members as a result of their husband’s death.
Several state and local governments also provide aid to a widow who is disadvantaged in order to help them improve their quality of life.
Apply Widow Pension Meghalaya
- Husband’s death certificate
- BPL Status certificate
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Driving license
- The candidate must be a member of the BPL class
- The candidate has to be a widow in order to be considered.
- Widows between the ages of 40 and 79 are eligible for support, with a monthly maximum of Rs. 500 per recipient.
- The widow should not have remarried after her husband’s death, which is another need for eligibility. Women who have little children or who have older children who are unable to care for them are also eligible to apply for the program.
How can I apply for a widow pension in Meghalaya?
- Visit the Information and Public Relations Department if you want to apply for the Widow Pension Scheme.
- Please see the meghalaya.gov.inwebsite for further information.
- The application form may be obtained from the concerned officer, or it can be written on an A4 piece of paper.
- Complete the application with all of the required information. Fill out the application and send it to the appropriate official in the Information and Public Relations Department. Attach all of the required documents listed in the Needed Documents section to the application form.
- Pay the relevant fees in accordance with the authorities’ estimates.
- It is expected that you will get an acknowledgment; please retain it for future reference.
- The authorities will now examine your application and the supporting documentation you have supplied.
- If the beneficiary’s request is approved, she will get a Pension Passbook.
How much pension does a widow get in Meghalaya?
The Widow Pension Scheme provides financial help to BPL widows between the ages of 40 and 79. The maximum amount of benefit is Rs. 500/- per beneficiary under the scheme.
How to check widow pension status in Meghalaya?
Check the status of your Pension Payment (PPO), which is supplied by the Pension Accounting Office, which is part of the Ministry of Finance, by visiting their website. Users may check the status of their PPO online by entering their 12-digit PPO number.
It is easy to check pension status by visiting www.meghalaya.gov.in . Just follow the steps as:
- Enter your application number
- Your date of birth
- Your application number
- Your name