The Madhya Pradesh state is the second largest in India, consisting of huge tribal population. The state and central government are constantly working towards the betterment of society. The government has made a commitment towards establishing the welfare state, and for this end, they are striving to create economic and social security. Various schemes are being initiated by the government to take care of their population. Once such a scheme under the welfare program of national social assistance is Indra Gandhi National Old age Pension.
The important objective of this scheme is to provide monetary assistance for the rehabilitation of the weaker section of the society.
The Madhya Pradesh state has been implementing this scheme through an online portal known as SAMAGRA platform – an online pension tool. This tool is a mash up that has integrated different schemes to create a proactive government.
The key features of Old age pension Scheme
- The foremost feature of this scheme is to transfer a certain fixed amount to the eligible senior citizens as pension to support and aid in their rehabilitation.
- The amount so transferred will be shared by both the state and central government respectively.
- The government aims through this scheme to set the base required for forming an entitled or welfare state, where the residents are secure and happy.
- The scheme is designed in such a way that technology would help the pensioners to get frequent updates on the scheme through a pre-registered telephone number.
What is the eligibility factor that needs to be fulfilled to avail the pension?
- The person (he/she) applying for the pension must have completed 60 years of age or more.
- The next requirement to avail the benefits of the pension is that the person must be resident of the state from which he is applying for the pension. In this case, the applicant must be the resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The pension or amount provided under the scheme is only for the benefit of a needy old aged person.
- The last requirement that the person applying for the pension must be registered or must fall under below poverty line (BPL).
How to apply for the pension scheme?
The application to avail the pension can be submitted online or offline.
In the offline process: the application form can be collected by the person either at Gram Panchayat or Janpad Panchayat for rural areas. This form must be collected from the office located in the area of the residence of the applicant. In other terms from the office that has jurisdiction over the applicants’ residence.
The collected application form must be filled with all requisite details and submitted to the same office along with supporting documents such as the certificate of BPL registration, age proof, address proof, and three passport size photographs.
In the online process: In the state of Madhya Pradesh, the application form for old age pension can also be obtained online.
- To apply online the applicant has to visit the official webpage of Samagra Pension Portal. The link to the official website is http://pensions.samagra.gov.in/. The state has been implementing the scheme through this online tool for the benefits of both pensioners and the government.
- On landing on the home page of the official website click on the option titled “apply for pension online”. The tab will take you to a new window opening a login page.
- In this page select the state from where you are applying from and your Id. Check the details and click on the button apply for pension online.
- This will take us to a window that contains an application for an old age pension under the scheme.
- The applicant has to fill the requested details in the form such as name, age, address, pension applied for and other details. Additionally, ensure to scan and upload the supporting documents for verification and processing of the pension application.
- Check thoroughly and click on submit button. Once the form is successfully submitted you will receive a number for future reference.
How to check the status of application form?
The Madhya Pradesh government started samagra online portal with the view to make tracking of application form easy. The website for tracking the status is similar to application form – http://pensions.samagra.gov.in/. For checking the status click on the list of applicants received tab and enter the details like the reference number to check the status of the submitted application.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.