The state of Mizoram has come with the most beneficial scheme for the old aged people known as the Old age pension scheme. It was known to benefit the people above the age of 60 who are dependent on others and have no source of income for their living. The scheme was introduced in the year 1974-75 in the state of Mizoram. The pension scheme was introduced by the Mizoram state benefiting the old aged people. The pension scheme benefited 150 Old aged people with an amount of Rs 30 per month who were alone without any support from relatives or anyone.
The pension scheme formally called as the National Old age Pension (NOAP) was later renamed as Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme in the year 2006-2007.
The pension for beneficiaries above the age of 80 yrs received an amount of Rs 500 monthly while beneficiaries below the age of 80yrs received a pension amount of Rs 200 monthly. Every beneficiary received Rs 50 every month through this scheme introduced b the Mizoram Government.
Following are the ways by which the pension is applied in turn benefiting the old aged people and their beneficiaries:
- Visit the website https://edistrict.mizoram.gov.in/mizoeda/resources/webportal_files/downloads/old_age_pension.pdf
- Select Social welfare
- Select the application form for Old age pension
- The application form downloaded should be filled with all the required information necessary
- The necessary details for filling the application form are applicant name, DOB, Age, Gender, Phone No, Email, BPL/AAY No which is mandatory, Ration card No, Voter Card no which is mandatory
- Other details are Fathers name, mothers name, spouse name, present address and permanent address and guardian details
- The documents to be enclosed along with the application form are LC/VC recommended letter, BPL Card and Voter ID
- The time is given by which the registration should be completed in 2-3 days
- The online charges for applying for the old age pension scheme is Rs 10 for e-District and Rs 20 for CSC
- The filled application form will be passed on to the respective local bodies like Panchayat or the Municipality or the Secretary of the Corporation
- The enquiry is conducted by respective officers
- After submitting the application, the enquiry will be conducted within 45 days
- After completion of the enquiry, the beneficiary list will be prepared within 45 days
- Once the beneficiary list is prepared, any sort of appeal should be submitted with 30 days to the Collector of the district concerned
- The right decision against the appeal will be sorted out by the Government
- After the clearing of the application, the pensioner will receive the pension from the first week of the consecutive month with respect to the fund availability
- The Mizoram government will allocate an amount for the eligible pensioners
- The pension amount will be distributed on a regular basis
The eligibility criteria for allotment of National old age scheme for pensioners are:
- The applicant should not have any support from anyone or close relatives or should not be able to fund himself
- An applicant who is not looked upon by anyone
- If the applicant is of a habitual beggar, he/she is not eligible for the pension
- If the applicant is admitted in a home not affordable, he/she is not eligible
- The applicant should be of 60 years and higher
In order to search for the pension status, the following are the steps to be done:
- Visit the website https://edistrict.mizoram.gov.in/mizoeda/login
- Send SMS to 51969 as MZ SW “Certificate number” OR
- Application status can be checked online by entering the application number from the above link and clicking on the search
In order to check the status of the verified certificate, following are the steps to be followed:
- Enter the certificate registration number / Pass number
- Enter the applicant’s name
- Enter the applicant’s father’s name
- Enter the applicant’s date of birth and then click on search
The scheme has benefited many old aged people and their beneficiaries in the state of Mizoram and is of great help to them.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.