Uttarakhand is one of the states located in the northern part of India where tourism is popular. Here the Social welfare department of the Uttarakhand Government is taking all the necessary actions to control the poverty-related problems by giving out many pension schemes such as an old-age pension, widow pension, Divyangta Pension, Farmer Pension, Dwarf Pensions and many more schemes to help the poor. The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat is finding the necessary solutions to completely remove the poverty from the state. Among many pension schemes, an old-age pension is helping the poor in a greater way.
How To Apply For Old Age Pension Uttarakhand?
Old Age Pension in Uttarakhand helps those aged people who are below the poverty line and not getting any financial support from their family members. Such an old-age pension looks for the security and safety of the aged people. The main objective of this pension scheme is to improve and look after the aged and poor people of the state. People who are aged 60 or above that, can apply for the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme.
Under the Old Age Pension Scheme, aged people are granted to get a monthly pension of Rs.1000. Under the old age pension, below the poverty line pensioners (BPLP) of age 60 years to 79 years of age are given Rs.200 per month by the Central Government and Rs. 800 monthly pension by the State Government. Similarly, BPL pensioners of more than 80 years of age are getting the benefit of a monthly pension of Rs.500 per month by the Central Government.
Beneficiaries had to face a lot of trouble for applying old age pension and they had been visiting the nearby Government office many times and suffered a lot before. But now, beneficiaries can apply easily from home through online. It was made online since April 1, 2016. Here will see the steps to apply online
- An applicant has to visit this website http://sspy-up.gov.in/index.aspx to apply, where they will find a box for the old-age pension scheme and click on it.
- After clicking on it, you will be getting a new page and search in that for an option “Apply Online”.
- As soon as you click this option, you will be getting one more new page of having four options. From that, you have to click on the ‘New Entry Form’ first.
- Now the person can fill all the required details as per the proof they have with them and after filling the form along with submitting the needed documents, you can click “save” in the form.
- You will be getting the status of your pension through SMS to your registered mobile number.
When the applicants aged 60 or above are proved that they are not having enough financial background or lack of family support, then they are provided with an Old age pension considering the welfare of them by the Social welfare department of the Uttarakhand Government. Officials of the Uttarakhand Government will check the eligibility criteria of all applicants and then allow them to get the benefit. Here will see the different eligibility criteria:
- The beneficiary should be 60 years of age or above to get the old-age pension.
- The beneficiary should live below the poverty line (BPL) or their monthly income can be around Rs.4000.
- If the son of the applicant is more than 20 years old but still living below the poverty line, then such an applicant will not be denied a pension.
- All candidates of age above 60 years or more than that, living below the poverty line will be eligible for the National Old Age Pension Scheme.
Documents Required To Apply For Old Age Pension Scheme:
- Age certificate for old age pension and account in any of the nationalized bank is crucial.
- Bank Passbook or Post office passbook or the bank account details of name, account number, and IFSC code.
- Passport Size Photographs of the applicant
- Birth certificate or age certificate
- Identity certificate
- Aadhar card number
- Income certificate to prove that you are below the poverty line
Old Age Pension Scheme – Status
The Social Welfare Department of the Uttarakhand Government announced to give pension to both husband and wife in the old-age pension scheme.
Chief Minister Trivandrum Singh Rawat had announced this on August 15, 2018. This is done to increase the number of pension holders by 25 to 30 percent in the state, thus reducing poverty.