If you want to go to a foreign country, you are going to need a valid passport. The passport of a person is valid in India only for ten years, and you need to apply for renewal if your passport has been expired. You can apply for the passport renewal with both online and offline procedures. Through the offline process, one has to visit Passport Seva Kendra at the nearby location.
The passport renewal is almost the similar procedure as it is for the new passport application. There are some differences in documents, fee, and form which you need to consider before applying for the passport renewal in India.
Payment of fee for Renewal procedure
For the Passport renewal standard application, the applicant will need to pay an amount of Rs.1500 for 36 pages booklet and an amount of Rs.2000 for 60 pages of the booklet. If someone wants to apply for the tatkal renewal, then that applicant has to pay an amount of Rs.3500/- for 36 pages booklet while Rs.4000 for 60 pages booklet. The passport fee can be paid through both online and offline methods. You can choose to pay through debit/credit card or internet banking services.
Fill up your application form
The Indian Passport renewal procedure is made hassle-free by the government. The applicants can apply for the renewal with both online and offline modes as per their choices. Here are the simple steps to fill up your application form for renewal:
- The individual needs to register on the official website of Passport Seva. After registering, one can log in to the site and find the application form.
- While filling up the form, you will be required to fill up the details and information like present address, spouse details, local references. After filling up all the details, you can download the copy of the application form.
- After filling up the form, you have to schedule your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra. You can do this by choosing, schedule appointment’ option on the website. You will be provided your nearby area where you go to the passport on the given time and date.
- You will receive your receipt number after you visit the Passport Seva Kendra which can be used to track the status of passport. If the individual provides correct information and makes a payment on time, then it will be easy to get a passport renewed.
So, these are the simple steps to get your new passport without any difficulty. You will be required to submit the required documents along with the application form. The individual needs to make fee payment either online or offline at the Passport Seva Kendra.
Documents required for Passport Renewal
When someone is applying for passport renewal, then there is a requirement to submit the necessary documents with the application form. The documents required for an expired passport holder are given below:
- The original expired passport of the applicant
- Copies of ECR and Non-ECR page (self-attested)
- Page of observation copy (self-attested)
- Validity extension page copy (self-attested)
- Front and last two pages of the passport (self-attested).
These are the necessary documents which one needs to submit while applying for the renewal of passport. Make sure that you don’t get confused with reissue and renewal of passports. If you have lost your passport or it is stolen, then you will need to apply for reissue. In case, there are changes in the personal details or you have damaged the papers of current passport; then it is necessary that one applies for the passport reissue.