Good news for the senior citizens of Delhi as the Prime Minister of Delhi just announced a free scheme for the Devotees in Delhi. According to the “Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra” scheme, the senior citizens of Delhi will be able to get access to free traveling to the Tirth Yatra.
After Madhya Pradesh and other states, Delhi also joined this quest to provide elderly the journey to the religious places.
On the 12th July 2019, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will flag the train for the devotees. The route of the train will be Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah Border-Anandpur Sahib- Delhi. It will also be attended by Kailash Gahlot, Transport Minister of Delhi. The schedule for the departure of the train will be at 6 PM from Safdarjung Railway station. All the expenses for the Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi will be borne by the government of Delhi so that the pilgrims can enjoy a convenient experience.
How to apply for Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi?
If you also want to apply for the Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi then you need to first check if you are eligible or not. You can find more information about eligibility by visiting the official website of the government. So you can follow the steps mentioned below in order to apply for this scheme.
- Visit the official website https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
- After that, you need to find the online form
- You need to fill in all the information asked in order to apply
You can find a pdf format document on this website which will provide you all the information about this scheme. The details like mandatory documents which needs to be attached with the form and eligibility criteria will be available on the document provided on the official website.
Are you eligible to apply for Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi?
One of the most important things you need to check before applying for any scheme is to check whether you are eligible or not. So you can find all such details in the points mentioned below.
- The people who are above the age of 60 and a resident of Delhi will be eligible for this scheme
- People who are above 70 years of age can take an attendant with themselves who should be above the age of 21 years
- The person applying for this Pilgrimage scheme should not be an employee of the state or central government
- You should have proof of documents that you are a resident of Delhi
What are the benefits you will get from Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi?
Do you want to know the benefits of such schemes? If you do then you can find more information about the benefits in the following points. These schemes have already been launched in several other states and Delhi has also joined it. Using the help of such schemes the senior citizens gets to complete their wish of visiting the holy places of India.
- 1,100 senior citizens from each assembly constituency can take part in this scheme
- There are no income criterion on this scheme which means everyone can take the benefits of this scheme
- All the expense will be borne by the government so you can enjoy your trip without any worries
- The Chief Minister and Deputy CM will also join the phase to make sure everything is done properly
- People from any religion can take the benefits of this scheme which will promote unity in everyone
What is the important thing for the application form of Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi?
In order to apply for the Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi, you need to provide certain documents to the Government. This is to ensure that there are no issues with the trip and everything will be done smoothly. That is why you need to make sure to comply with all the rules and regulations imposed by the government. So here is the list of all the documents which you must have in order to apply for this scheme.
- A certificate proving that you are a resident of Delhi from the MLA of your area
- Provide your voter ID card details in order to show that you are above a certain age
- A self-declaration that has been mention by pro forma
- Attach a copy of your medical certificate to show that you are eligible to travel
So these are all the details that you need to know in order to apply for Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi. You can find more information about when you visit the official website of the Delhi government.
You should make sure that you are aware of all the things in order to avoid certain issues. If you also want to take your parents or grandparents on this journey then one person can accompany a senior citizen above the age of 70. Always carry your document with you to avoid troubles.