Arunachal Pradesh also has a widely established Public Distribution System which provides food security to the people who are below the poverty line. It helps the people by providing the food at much-subsidised rates to the eligible people. All you need is a ration card so as to get the benefits of the Food Security Act of the Indian Government. To help you in getting this ration card, we have listed the procedure to get the ration card if you are a resident of Arunachal Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
The first thing that you need to know is that just like other states, Arunachal Pradesh also issues 4 types of card. These cards are BPL, APL, AAY and AY. Here, APL card holders are not eligible to get ration as they are above the poverty lines. As per the law, only the people holding AAY and BPL cards are eligible for the subsidies. The documents required to get a ration card in Arunachal Pradesh are
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof
- Date of Birth Proof
- Income Certificate
- Photographs on the Family Members
Once you have these documents ready, you can follow the offline or the online procedure to get the ration cards. Here are more details regarding the procedure.
The process to Apply for Ration Card in Arunachal Pradesh
It is easy to get the ration card online as compared to the offline procedure since this doesn’t require you to visit the government office and stand in a queue. However, the procedure is not completely available yet. The government is still working in order to get the system in place. You can follow the process listed below to apply for a ration card.
- Start by downloading the form to apply for the ration card. The form is available online and it is also available at your nearest district office. If you wish to download the form online then you can visit the Department of Food and Civil Services Website at http://www.arunfcs.gov.in and click on Forms.
- On the page, the first form is to apply for the ration card. Download and print the copy of the ration card form.
- Fill in the details carefully on the ration card form and ensure that you do not make any spelling mistake. Also, do not fill anything in the section meant for officer and inspector. Attach the relevant documents and photos to the ration card form.
- Now submit the ration card form at your nearest ration card office. There could be a fee applicable depending on the category you are applying in. Once the form is submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement slip from the officer who has taken your form.
With this, the application procedure is complete. Do you know what happens after you submit the form? Well, the details are listed below
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After submission of the form, your documents and other details are matched with the government records. If that is successful, an inspector is assigned to your application who would visit your home to verify all the details. Post verification, the inspector will submit back the report and the ration card will be issued to you. The whole process can take almost 2 to 3 weeks and at the same time, it is also possible to track the status of the ration card. The government is trying to digitalize the process and once this is complete, you will be able to download the ration card just like your Aadhaar card.
Steps to Track Ration Card
Presently, there is no way to track the status of the ration card online and hence you need to get in touch with the district office to get the status of your ration card. You can use the contact numbers listed here http://www.arunfcs.gov.in/contactus.html
This was all about the process of getting the ration card in Arunachal Pradesh. The process is simple but we hope that the government soon starts the process for the online application as this will make it easy for the people to apply for the ration card and it will also promote a higher level of transparency as people will be able to check the status online.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.