Government has set up many food supply shops in the country where people who have the ration card can avail the ration at a lower cost. This is a part of food security bell. The government provides subsidy to the people who have an income below a certain amount.
There are certain eligibility criteria to apply for ration card and in this article, we have listed all the details about the ration card which includes the procedure to apply, eligibility criteria and process to check the status online
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
There are different types of Ration Cards and the eligibility varies in terms of income. For example, for BPL card, the annual income should be less than Rs 24,000 and for APL the threshold is different. You can also apply for AY or AAY card depending on your eligibility. Basically, any household with an annual income of less than Rs 1 Lakh can apply for ration card. List of documents that you would need to apply are listed below
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Photo of Family Members
- Voter ID Card.
These documents are required for all the family members and the head of the family would be the Eldest lady in the family.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Online Mode
Follow the steps listed below in order to apply for ration card in Delhi
- To apply for ration card, visit the official website of NFS in Delhi. The link to the website is https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/Home.aspx.
- On the top right corner of the page, you will notice a login button. Click on it and complete the registration for yourself. Once you have registered, go ahead and login to your portal.
- On the dashboard, you can click on the relevant option to start applying for the ration card. Once this is done, you will be redirected to a new page and the application form will be displayed.
- Fill in the details in the application form and towards the end, you will be asked to upload all the related documents. Ensure that you have these documents available in scanned format with you.
- Upload all the documents and submit the application. An acknowledgement slip will be generated along with the application number. Save these details for future reference.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Offline Mode
If you wish to apply for the ration card via offline mode then follow the steps listed below
- You need to visit the circle office in your area in order to apply for the ration card. This is where the application forms are submitted.
- You can either obtain a form from the circle office or you can print it from the website which is available. Once that is done, you can start filling the form. If you choose to print the form then you can fill it at home itself and attach the documents before coming to circle office. This will save your The link to download the form is https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/Citizen/ActandRulesandManyMore.aspx?flag=D
- Submit the application and obtain the acknowledgement slip from the officer.
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After the submission, the verification procedure begins. The details mentioned in the form will be verified and there are chances that an officer will visit your home in order to verify the details. Once this is done, you will be able to go ahead and get the ration card. You can track the status and get the real-time information of the application status for your ration card. We have listed the process to track the ration card in the next section
Steps to Track Ration Card Status
In order to track the ration card, you need to visit the link https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/Citizen/ViewApplicationStatus.aspx. On this link, you can enter details in any of the search criteria and click on the search button. You can choose to enter the Aadhaar number or NDS Application Number or New Nation Card Number or the Old Ration Card number to fetch the status.
Once your ration card has been generated, you can also download a copy of e-ration card via the same portal listed above. This is accepted at the food and supply shops to provide ration to you.