Just like other states, the government of Andhra Pradesh also issues the ration cards to its citizens. This not only helps them in buying food items at affordable and subsidised rates but it also helps as ration card acts as an ID proof and Address Proof.
If you still do not have a ration card in Andhra Pradesh then do not worry as here are all the details about the application procedure for getting a Ration Card in Andhra Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
There are two different types of cards issued in the state and the one is the white ration card while the other one is the punk ration card. The people who are Below Poverty Line are issues white ration card and they can obtain the food at subsidised rates. The eligibility criteria here is just the income criteria and the fact that you living in Andhra Pradesh. There are certain documents required and these are
- Aadhaar Card of Family Members
- The voter ID card of Family Members
- Income Certificate of Earning Member
- Photograph of Family Members.
Once you have these documents ready, you can start the application procedure. If you wish to apply for the ration card online then have a scanned copy ready or else a Xerox will work.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Online Mode
Here is how you can apply for ration card via online mode in Andhra Pradesh
- To apply online, visit the website https://ap.meeseva.gov.in. This is the government portal which is used to provide various services to the people
- Once this is done, go ahead and create a new account using the portal. You need to visit this link to start the registration.
- Once you have logged in to the portal, click on services and then you need to start the application procedure. This would now need you to submit all the details of the family members along with other details in the form.
- You will also be asked to attach the documents here and once everything is complete, you can go ahead and submit the form after the verification.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Offline Mode
For the offline procedure of applying for ration card in Andhra Pradesh, you can check out the steps listed below
- You can start by downloading the form from the internet and printing a copy of the form. The link to download the form is here.
- You can also obtain the form from the ration office near to his place. Once you have the form, you can fill in the details and attach the documents listed above. Ensure that you enter the details in bold letter.
- Submit the application form and obtain the acknowledgement from the officer whom you have submitted the form to. Ensure that the application number is readable as this can help you in tracking the ration card.
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After the submission of the form, the verification process starts. Your application is scrutinized and post verification, the ration card will be issued to you. It can take 2 to 3 weeks for the ration card to be issued and to arrive at your home. Remember that the physical copy of the ration card will be sent to your residential address but you can also get the digital copy from this self-service portal.
Steps to Track Ration Card
In order to track the application, you can visit the Meeseva portal of AP government and on the homepage, you will notice an input field where you can enter the application ID and track the status of the application ID. If the status shows that your Ration Card has been issued then you can go ahead and login to the portal and download the digital copy of the certificate.
This was all the information about getting the ration cards in Andhra Pradesh. For any issue during the process, you can contact the customer services via the number listed on the website. You can also call the helpline number 1100 to get the new ration card or to get information regarding the process.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.